#WigOrNah: The Two Week Debate About Beyoncé’s Hair being Hers or Not SOLVED
Beyoncé stepped out on stage to present Colin Kaepernick with the Sports Illustrated’s Muhammad Ali Legacy Award as a surprise. And a surprise it was as not only was her body banging, she was rocking an awesome natural hairstyle looking amazing as usual but her stylist Neal Farinah posted a pic of her presenting captioned with “LOVE MY JOB. THIS IS HOW U SLAY YOUR NATURAL CURLY HAIR.” This immediately brought the internet to ask the age old question, #WigOrNah? (pronounced hashtag wig or nah). After all, with Beyoncé, she’s been known to fib a time or two, like the entire year she went around saying she wrote Irreplaceable until Neyo made her stop and said it wasn’t true.
One of Bey’s naysayers looked, laughed and said “I know [pieces] when I see [them], and I know her hair is not that big so please don’t do that.”
Fans of the Bootylicious singer were absolutely not having it and pointed out that she’s always had hair.
“She’s always [had] long thick hair,” one Instagram user wrote.
Another fan said they’re just mad that she isn’t bald. Ouch. (And they’re probably right)
The funny part of it all is when her white stylist went on Instagram clappin’ back at haters in a video telling everyone to “Recognize” (pronounced Rec-uh-niiize).
“Sometimes women make choices, and black women are not the only ones who wear wigs and weaves and pieces. Remember that!” he says in the video. “And underneath wigs and weaves? Black women have some of the most beautiful, curly hair. It’s a choice women make, and that’s the choice a black woman chooses, to wear wigs or weaves. If she wants to, ain’t nothing wrong with it. So the myth about black women not having hair — y’all think again, because they have some of the most beautiful textured hair. Recognize.”
And last but not least, Mama Tina snuck a pic of her daughter fort he gram showing off her natural hair as the end all be all to the argument. And you know no one is going to argue with the black mother about their child… that is if you know what’s good for you.
“INCHES!!!!” she wrote in the caption. “So happy my baby’s hair grew back !! She is going to get me 😩.”
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, this is in fact Beyonce’s hair. In the words of TS Madison, “22 inches YAAAAAAAAAS”
- Glam Shots: ‘Bad Girls Club’ Star Tanisha Thomas is Engaged Again - April 22, 2018
- Accused Anti-Semitic DC Lawmaker Trayon White Threatens His Colleague Brianne Nadeau for Calling for Him to be Censured - April 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Fitness Trainer Trevor Bell - April 20, 2018
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018