#WigOrNah: The Two Week Debate About Beyoncé’s Hair being Hers or Not SOLVED
Beyoncé stepped out on stage to present Colin Kaepernick with the Sports Illustrated’s Muhammad Ali Legacy Award as a surprise. And a surprise it was as not only was her body banging, she was rocking an awesome natural hairstyle looking amazing as usual but her stylist Neal Farinah posted a pic of her presenting captioned with “LOVE MY JOB. THIS IS HOW U SLAY YOUR NATURAL CURLY HAIR.” This immediately brought the internet to ask the age old question, #WigOrNah? (pronounced hashtag wig or nah). After all, with Beyoncé, she’s been known to fib a time or two, like the entire year she went around saying she wrote Irreplaceable until Neyo made her stop and said it wasn’t true.
One of Bey’s naysayers looked, laughed and said “I know [pieces] when I see [them], and I know her hair is not that big so please don’t do that.”
Fans of the Bootylicious singer were absolutely not having it and pointed out that she’s always had hair.
“She’s always [had] long thick hair,” one Instagram user wrote.
Another fan said they’re just mad that she isn’t bald. Ouch. (And they’re probably right)
The funny part of it all is when her white stylist went on Instagram clappin’ back at haters in a video telling everyone to “Recognize” (pronounced Rec-uh-niiize).
“Sometimes women make choices, and black women are not the only ones who wear wigs and weaves and pieces. Remember that!” he says in the video. “And underneath wigs and weaves? Black women have some of the most beautiful, curly hair. It’s a choice women make, and that’s the choice a black woman chooses, to wear wigs or weaves. If she wants to, ain’t nothing wrong with it. So the myth about black women not having hair — y’all think again, because they have some of the most beautiful textured hair. Recognize.”
And last but not least, Mama Tina snuck a pic of her daughter fort he gram showing off her natural hair as the end all be all to the argument. And you know no one is going to argue with the black mother about their child… that is if you know what’s good for you.
“INCHES!!!!” she wrote in the caption. “So happy my baby’s hair grew back !! She is going to get me ?.”
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, this is in fact Beyonce’s hair. In the words of TS Madison, “22 inches YAAAAAAAAAS”
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018