WATCH: Safaree Confirms Ghostwriting Allegations, Opens Up About Nicki Breakup & More on ‘Wendy’
Reality TV star and rapper Safaree Samuels appeared on the Wendy Williams Show today for an interview, where he spoke about his past relationship with Pop Rap artist Nicki Minaj, and it was very revealing.
He first addressed Remy Ma’s shETHER, where he confirmed that he did help Nicki write some of her rhymes throughout her career:
“It was a collaborative effort. [Nicki] doesn’t sit there and do absolutely nothing, but I definitely was a helping force in everything that had to do with creating music. It’s not like I was just a waste man.”
Wendy, who is very nosey as we know, didn’t top there. When asking what ended their relationship Safaree revealed that Meek had a part in it:
“The last year and year-and-a-half, it just got really different. We just grew apart and at the end of the day, Meek he had a lot to do with it.
The last album, whether people know or not, I was a part of the creative process up until the last month-and-a-half of it. In the last month, that’s when we were going through all the songs and I found out that there was two songs with him on the album…I had an instinct. I had the intuition that there was more to it.”
However, he isn’t putting all of the blame on Nicki adding:
“I’m not an angel. I’m not a saint. I wasn’t 100 percent happy and I already mentally was on my way out. So, I was like, ‘It’s just a matter of time before I physically leave.'”
Honestly, before he joined Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood I simply thought that Safaree was an attention seeker, but I’ve come to notice that he is a cool and down to earth guy and he really loved Nicki. I hope that they find common ground one day.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018