WATCH: Safaree Confirms Ghostwriting Allegations, Opens Up About Nicki Breakup & More on ‘Wendy’
Reality TV star and rapper Safaree Samuels appeared on the Wendy Williams Show today for an interview, where he spoke about his past relationship with Pop Rap artist Nicki Minaj, and it was very revealing.
He first addressed Remy Ma’s shETHER, where he confirmed that he did help Nicki write some of her rhymes throughout her career:
“It was a collaborative effort. [Nicki] doesn’t sit there and do absolutely nothing, but I definitely was a helping force in everything that had to do with creating music. It’s not like I was just a waste man.”
Wendy, who is very nosey as we know, didn’t top there. When asking what ended their relationship Safaree revealed that Meek had a part in it:
“The last year and year-and-a-half, it just got really different. We just grew apart and at the end of the day, Meek he had a lot to do with it.
The last album, whether people know or not, I was a part of the creative process up until the last month-and-a-half of it. In the last month, that’s when we were going through all the songs and I found out that there was two songs with him on the album…I had an instinct. I had the intuition that there was more to it.”
However, he isn’t putting all of the blame on Nicki adding:
“I’m not an angel. I’m not a saint. I wasn’t 100 percent happy and I already mentally was on my way out. So, I was like, ‘It’s just a matter of time before I physically leave.'”
Honestly, before he joined Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood I simply thought that Safaree was an attention seeker, but I’ve come to notice that he is a cool and down to earth guy and he really loved Nicki. I hope that they find common ground one day.
- Tisha Campbell-Martin Files for Divorce from Duane Martin after 21 Years of Marriage - February 22, 2018
- LISTEN: Remix of Beyonce’s ‘Sweet Dreams’ Surfaces on Tidal and Apple Music - February 22, 2018
- Janelle Monae Comes Out as Bisexual & Talks The POWER of Black Women in New Songs ‘Make Me Feel’ & ‘Django Jane’ - February 22, 2018
- Former ‘Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood’ Star Hazel-E Gets a Black History Lesson & Addresses Colorism Issues on ‘Iyanla: Fix My Life’ - February 22, 2018
- Eva Marcille Blasts Shamea Morton for Outing Her “Relationship” with Missy Elliott + Shamea Responds - February 21, 2018
- WATCH: Rapper 6ix9ine Gets Jumped at LAX after Calling Out Haters - February 21, 2018
- Wendy Williams Reveals Graves’ Disease Diagnosis + Announces Show Hiatus - February 21, 2018
- THE GAME HAS CHANGED: Cast Appears as Kings & Queens of Cards in New ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ Teaser - February 21, 2018
- Kenya Moore’s Peach Has Been Thrown in the Trash + Kim Zolciak Returning to Replace Her? - February 20, 2018
- WATCH: ‘Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars: Family Edition’ Trailer Featuring Jim Jones, Chrissy Lampkin & Mob Wives star Renee Graziano - February 20, 2018