WATCH: Safaree Confirms Ghostwriting Allegations, Opens Up About Nicki Breakup & More on ‘Wendy’
Reality TV star and rapper Safaree Samuels appeared on the Wendy Williams Show today for an interview, where he spoke about his past relationship with Pop Rap artist Nicki Minaj, and it was very revealing.
He first addressed Remy Ma’s shETHER, where he confirmed that he did help Nicki write some of her rhymes throughout her career:
“It was a collaborative effort. [Nicki] doesn’t sit there and do absolutely nothing, but I definitely was a helping force in everything that had to do with creating music. It’s not like I was just a waste man.”
Wendy, who is very nosey as we know, didn’t top there. When asking what ended their relationship Safaree revealed that Meek had a part in it:
“The last year and year-and-a-half, it just got really different. We just grew apart and at the end of the day, Meek he had a lot to do with it.
The last album, whether people know or not, I was a part of the creative process up until the last month-and-a-half of it. In the last month, that’s when we were going through all the songs and I found out that there was two songs with him on the album…I had an instinct. I had the intuition that there was more to it.”
However, he isn’t putting all of the blame on Nicki adding:
“I’m not an angel. I’m not a saint. I wasn’t 100 percent happy and I already mentally was on my way out. So, I was like, ‘It’s just a matter of time before I physically leave.'”
Honestly, before he joined Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood I simply thought that Safaree was an attention seeker, but I’ve come to notice that he is a cool and down to earth guy and he really loved Nicki. I hope that they find common ground one day.
- BREAKING: Bill Cosby Found Guilty of Sexual Assault - April 26, 2018
- Janelle Monae Reveals ‘Dirty Computer’ Tracklisting + Announces Tour with Special Guests St. Beauty - April 26, 2018
- Meek Mill Finally Released from Prison on Bail - April 24, 2018
- WATCH: Everyone is Beefing in ‘Basketball Wives’ Season 7 First Look Trailer - April 24, 2018
- NEW MUSIC: J. Cole Returns with New Album ‘KOD’ (Stream It Now) - April 20, 2018
- WATCH: Ariana Grande Returns with Emotional Power Pop Anthem ‘No Tears Left to Cry’ - April 20, 2018
- #PoorMichelle No More: Michelle Williams Engaged to Pastor Bae Chad Johnson - April 19, 2018
- WATCH: Keely Drags Sierra for Not Being There for Shooter & Karlie Redd Tries to Pop Her - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran & Bruno Mars Lead 2018 Billboard Music Awards with 15 Nods Each + See Full Nominations list - April 17, 2018
- Beyonce to Give $100,000 to Four HBCU’s - April 16, 2018