WATCH: Chris Brown Opens Up about Rihanna Assault, Says He Felt Like a Monster & Will be Haunted Forever
It was the most shocking news that hit the world, and we just could not believe it was true, but after seeing the heartbreaking and horrifying photos of Rihanna, the world and his fans, began looking at Chris Brown VERY differently.
Though it’s been almost 10 years since that fatal night, Chris is still dealing with the consequences of his actions. He and Rihanna reconciled their relationship in January 2013, officially making their appearance together a few weeks later at the Grammys.
The reunion was short lived as they officially broke up in May 2013.
In his new documentary, Chris Brown: Welcome to My Life, Chris tells his side of the story of what happened that night, and you can hear the sadness in his voice and see the pain in his eyes. It was clearly a mistake, a big mistake, that cost him quite a deal.
It all started when Chris lied about sleeping with another woman:
“After that, my trust was lost with her. She hated me after that. I tried everything, she didn’t care. She just didn’t trust me after that. From there, it just went downhill because there were too many verbal fights, physical fights as well. Mutual sides. … We would fight each other. She would hit me, I would hit her and it never was okay.”
The couple’s relationship was tumultuous from that point on:
“There was always a point where we’d talk about it like, ‘What the f–k are we doing? Like, ‘I don’t like you slapping me.’ If I go on stage I got a scratch on my face and I gotta explain it like, ‘Oh, no I fell.’ If you got a scar or a bruise you gotta put makeup on. I’m not ever trying to put my hands on any female.”
Then came the night of Clive Davis’ Grammy party, where everything came into the forefront. Things then escalated quickly:
“I remember she tried to kick me, but then I really hit her, with a closed fist, I punched her. I busted her lip. When I saw it, I was in shock. I was like, ‘F*ck, why the hell did I hit her?’ From there she just spit in my face … spit blood in my face and it enraged me even more.”
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018