VIDEO: Jennifer Lewis Talks About Her Sex Addiction
Actress, singer, comedian and activist Jennifer Lewis, also affectionately known as the Black Mother of Hollywood spoke around the 2016 election revealing she battled with being bipolar. The headlines from the People Magazine interview was that she was a credible witness to President Trump’s allegedly obvious mental health problems as she goes through it herself. What was left out of the follow up reporting was her discussion on her sex addiction. It’s also worth noting that she discussed it in the present tense. She’s 61. Keep that in mind.
She says her sex addiction didn’t start until after moving to New York City and getting on Broadway. “Performing on Broadway was a rush. The applause coming over the footlights was like a tsunami in slow motion. The crash after the show, I assure you, is just as intense. Let’s just say that post show I had a sort of habit of sex serving as a night cap. I was Cleopatra, Pam Grier, Marilyn Monroe, and Jezebel rolled into one. For me, nothing could extend the thrill of a standing ovation like great sex with a gorgeous guy.”
“Just as alcoholism isn’t really about the liquor, my addiction wasn’t really about the sex. It was about the unresolved psychological problems that caused me pain. Sex was simply my painkiller,” she writes.
As many are living in the digital generation of hooking up with random people on apps such as Plenty of Fish or Grindr and Jack’d for gays risking their safety on a consistent basis, her story is important as these are millions of people, many of whom have their own psychological problems causing them to go in this direction. Sex addiction is also a problem people with bipolar disorder struggle with. If you ever spend time talking to a bipolar person, many have unhealthy sex habits, as proven above. She says she refused to take medication at first but her life got under control once she did. Life’s about moderation. Make sure you keep your habits under control.
- Glam Shots: ‘Bad Girls Club’ Star Tanisha Thomas is Engaged Again - April 22, 2018
- Accused Anti-Semitic DC Lawmaker Trayon White Threatens His Colleague Brianne Nadeau for Calling for Him to be Censured - April 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Fitness Trainer Trevor Bell - April 20, 2018
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018