VIDEO: Jennifer Lewis Talks About Her Sex Addiction
Actress, singer, comedian and activist Jennifer Lewis, also affectionately known as the Black Mother of Hollywood spoke around the 2016 election revealing she battled with being bipolar. The headlines from the People Magazine interview was that she was a credible witness to President Trump’s allegedly obvious mental health problems as she goes through it herself. What was left out of the follow up reporting was her discussion on her sex addiction. It’s also worth noting that she discussed it in the present tense. She’s 61. Keep that in mind.
She says her sex addiction didn’t start until after moving to New York City and getting on Broadway. “Performing on Broadway was a rush. The applause coming over the footlights was like a tsunami in slow motion. The crash after the show, I assure you, is just as intense. Let’s just say that post show I had a sort of habit of sex serving as a night cap. I was Cleopatra, Pam Grier, Marilyn Monroe, and Jezebel rolled into one. For me, nothing could extend the thrill of a standing ovation like great sex with a gorgeous guy.”
“Just as alcoholism isn’t really about the liquor, my addiction wasn’t really about the sex. It was about the unresolved psychological problems that caused me pain. Sex was simply my painkiller,” she writes.
As many are living in the digital generation of hooking up with random people on apps such as Plenty of Fish or Grindr and Jack’d for gays risking their safety on a consistent basis, her story is important as these are millions of people, many of whom have their own psychological problems causing them to go in this direction. Sex addiction is also a problem people with bipolar disorder struggle with. If you ever spend time talking to a bipolar person, many have unhealthy sex habits, as proven above. She says she refused to take medication at first but her life got under control once she did. Life’s about moderation. Make sure you keep your habits under control.
- Eye Candy: Miami Fitness Trainer Eric Nicoleau - June 21, 2018
- Keith Carlos has been Thirst Trapping on Instagram Again - June 20, 2018
- Matt Barnes Tells Tekashi69 He’s Going to End Up Dead Like XXXTentacion Trying to be Hard - June 20, 2018
- XXXTentacion Fans Riot & Jump Off Roofs in Chaotic L.A. Memorial Over Dead Rapper - June 20, 2018
- Heather Locklear Admitted to the Hospital for Psych Evaluation After Threatening Suicide - June 18, 2018
- Rapper XXXTenacion Dies at 20 Following Gunshot in Miami - June 18, 2018
- Tori Spelling Gets Embarrassed by the Internet Posting Photoshopped Bikini Pic & Deletes It - June 18, 2018
- Meghan Markle’s Dad Continues to Open His Big Mouth Embarrassing the Royal Family - June 18, 2018
- Eye Candy: New York Personal Chef Calvin Myers - June 18, 2018
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Release Joint Album on Tidal Where Jay’s Accused of Fraudulently Inflating Streaming Numbers - June 16, 2018