VIDEO: DC Councilmember Trayon White Threatens Blogger JaVonni Brustow with Violence
Just days before being sworn into office, DC Councilmember-elect Trayon White has been issuing threats of violence for openly speaking against his recently chosen Chief of Staff Wanda Lockridge. The issue here is that a series of tweets from myself, JaVonni Brustow, unbeknownst to me were posted on Facebook and became a topic of discussion. The tweets in question mention that Wanda Lockridge’s deceased husband William Lockridge was once nearly arrested for remaining in the child section of the library and refusing to leave all the way up until the time the police arrived. Keep in mind, I did not write this, it was published in The Washington Post. That is who the issue should be taken up with.
As stated earlier, a number of people called to tell me about Trayon White saying that I was speaking recklessly about him and “could be handled.” As for the Facebook post, Wanda Lockridge replied stating that I should “be very careful.” This was followed up with ANC Commissioner Kendall Smith, who has felony gun charges, that he would pray for the gay community and that I should also be careful. Aside from having a person with violent tendencies threatening me, it is clear he has contempt for some of his own constituents. That is the very thing that caused Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton to lose the election, disparaging Americans, but that is another story. Of course he deleted both of the comments in favor of a remark that he invited myself along with the poster Ron Williams to a meeting.
Neighboring Councilmember-elect Vince Gray’s Chief of Staff Sheila Bunn’s brother Rodney Bunn stated he is on Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave all day if I wanted to speak to him. The sad part is that in that side of town, in 2012 if Ward 8 were a city it would have the highest unemployment in the nation, yet instead of coming up with solutions, the officials spend their time threatening people. This is nothing I am not used to. In 2011 I offered Marion Barry opponent Darrell Gaston with Communications work as a solution to poorly written campaign material. This apparently offended him and similarly lead to threats of violence as I supported his opponent, school choice advocate Jacque Patterson. Alas, I pray for the liberal ghetto because this behavior is unacceptable. I do however ask Mr. White to let me know if this is an issue where I need to contact authorities or if this can be worked out. Either way, threats to my safety as a person will be taken seriously. Since he is someone with children, one would think he would want to set a better example.
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— JaVonni Brustow 👑 (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018
- Alexis Skyy Posts Thirst Trap & The Internet Responds Telling Her to Take Care of Her Kid - April 15, 2018
- Watch Beyonce’s Full 2018 Coachella Performance Here – Her Blackest Performance Yet - April 15, 2018
- Toni Braxton Cuts Tamar from Her Tour + Tamar to Join RHOA & Getting a Bravo Spinoff Show? - April 15, 2018