VIDEO: DC Councilmember Trayon White Threatens Blogger JaVonni Brustow with Violence
Just days before being sworn into office, DC Councilmember-elect Trayon White has been issuing threats of violence for openly speaking against his recently chosen Chief of Staff Wanda Lockridge. The issue here is that a series of tweets from myself, JaVonni Brustow, unbeknownst to me were posted on Facebook and became a topic of discussion. The tweets in question mention that Wanda Lockridge’s deceased husband William Lockridge was once nearly arrested for remaining in the child section of the library and refusing to leave all the way up until the time the police arrived. Keep in mind, I did not write this, it was published in The Washington Post. That is who the issue should be taken up with.
As stated earlier, a number of people called to tell me about Trayon White saying that I was speaking recklessly about him and “could be handled.” As for the Facebook post, Wanda Lockridge replied stating that I should “be very careful.” This was followed up with ANC Commissioner Kendall Smith, who has felony gun charges, that he would pray for the gay community and that I should also be careful. Aside from having a person with violent tendencies threatening me, it is clear he has contempt for some of his own constituents. That is the very thing that caused Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton to lose the election, disparaging Americans, but that is another story. Of course he deleted both of the comments in favor of a remark that he invited myself along with the poster Ron Williams to a meeting.
Neighboring Councilmember-elect Vince Gray’s Chief of Staff Sheila Bunn’s brother Rodney Bunn stated he is on Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave all day if I wanted to speak to him. The sad part is that in that side of town, in 2012 if Ward 8 were a city it would have the highest unemployment in the nation, yet instead of coming up with solutions, the officials spend their time threatening people. This is nothing I am not used to. In 2011 I offered Marion Barry opponent Darrell Gaston with Communications work as a solution to poorly written campaign material. This apparently offended him and similarly lead to threats of violence as I supported his opponent, school choice advocate Jacque Patterson. Alas, I pray for the liberal ghetto because this behavior is unacceptable. I do however ask Mr. White to let me know if this is an issue where I need to contact authorities or if this can be worked out. Either way, threats to my safety as a person will be taken seriously. Since he is someone with children, one would think he would want to set a better example.
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— JaVonni Brustow 👑 (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- Chante Moore Kicking Off ‘The Chronicles of Love Chapter 1’ Tour in Atlanta on Valentine’s Day - January 22, 2018
- NFL Player Mychal Kendricks Likes to Show Off His Cakes - January 21, 2018
- TRUE STORY!! Nancy Pelosi’s Going to Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race - January 19, 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018
- Remy Ma’s Teamed Up with Chris Brown on ‘Melanin Magic’ - January 16, 2018