VH1 & Love & Hip Hop: New York’s James R. Being Sued for Use of a STOLEN Song
Uh oh, looks like James R. may be kissing his contract for another season of Love & Hip Hop: New York goodbye! The Fuckboy has apparently gotten VH1 sued after he stole a song that doesn’t belong to him, which he re-recorded to pass off as his own!
Music producer Luis Vargas is going after James R. and Viacom, which owns VH1, claiming that the song Bad Girl (Bah Gurl) was used on two episodes of the show so far, and the show has NO right to do so.
Luis goes on to say that he signed signed James R. to his label, Bully Sound Records, last year, and together they made Bad Girl but Luis’ company owns the rights to the track.
He then states that James R. tried to part ways with the label and take Bad Girl with him, but when they couldn’t work out a deal James R. just stole the song and changed the name to Bah Gurl.
James R. appears on 2 episodes of the show this season making an unauthorized music video for the song and having a release party for it. To make it worse James has been promoting the stolen version of Bad Girl online.
Luis Vargas is suing for damages, which he believes are more than $1 million.
- Meek Mill Finally Released from Prison on Bail - April 24, 2018
- WATCH: Everyone is Beefing in ‘Basketball Wives’ Season 7 First Look Trailer - April 24, 2018
- NEW MUSIC: J. Cole Returns with New Album ‘KOD’ (Stream It Now) - April 20, 2018
- WATCH: Ariana Grande Returns with Emotional Power Pop Anthem ‘No Tears Left to Cry’ - April 20, 2018
- #PoorMichelle No More: Michelle Williams Engaged to Pastor Bae Chad Johnson - April 19, 2018
- WATCH: Keely Drags Sierra for Not Being There for Shooter & Karlie Redd Tries to Pop Her - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran & Bruno Mars Lead 2018 Billboard Music Awards with 15 Nods Each + See Full Nominations list - April 17, 2018
- Beyonce to Give $100,000 to Four HBCU’s - April 16, 2018
- OMG: Former ‘That’s So Raven’ Star Orlando Brown Get Arrested by Bounty Hunters in His Underwear (VIDEO) - April 13, 2018
- WATCH: The Weeknd ‘Call Out My Name’ Official Music Video - April 13, 2018