VH1 & Love & Hip Hop: New York’s James R. Being Sued for Use of a STOLEN Song
Uh oh, looks like James R. may be kissing his contract for another season of Love & Hip Hop: New York goodbye! The Fuckboy has apparently gotten VH1 sued after he stole a song that doesn’t belong to him, which he re-recorded to pass off as his own!
Music producer Luis Vargas is going after James R. and Viacom, which owns VH1, claiming that the song Bad Girl (Bah Gurl) was used on two episodes of the show so far, and the show has NO right to do so.
Luis goes on to say that he signed signed James R. to his label, Bully Sound Records, last year, and together they made Bad Girl but Luis’ company owns the rights to the track.
He then states that James R. tried to part ways with the label and take Bad Girl with him, but when they couldn’t work out a deal James R. just stole the song and changed the name to Bah Gurl.
James R. appears on 2 episodes of the show this season making an unauthorized music video for the song and having a release party for it. To make it worse James has been promoting the stolen version of Bad Girl online.
Luis Vargas is suing for damages, which he believes are more than $1 million.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018