VH1 & Love & Hip Hop: New York’s James R. Being Sued for Use of a STOLEN Song
Uh oh, looks like James R. may be kissing his contract for another season of Love & Hip Hop: New York goodbye! The Fuckboy has apparently gotten VH1 sued after he stole a song that doesn’t belong to him, which he re-recorded to pass off as his own!
Music producer Luis Vargas is going after James R. and Viacom, which owns VH1, claiming that the song Bad Girl (Bah Gurl) was used on two episodes of the show so far, and the show has NO right to do so.
Luis goes on to say that he signed signed James R. to his label, Bully Sound Records, last year, and together they made Bad Girl but Luis’ company owns the rights to the track.
He then states that James R. tried to part ways with the label and take Bad Girl with him, but when they couldn’t work out a deal James R. just stole the song and changed the name to Bah Gurl.
James R. appears on 2 episodes of the show this season making an unauthorized music video for the song and having a release party for it. To make it worse James has been promoting the stolen version of Bad Girl online.
Luis Vargas is suing for damages, which he believes are more than $1 million.
- WATCH: ‘Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars: Family Edition’ Trailer Featuring Jim Jones, Chrissy Lampkin & Mob Wives star Renee Graziano - February 20, 2018
- SAY WHAT?: Rapper Young Thug Changes His Name to “Sex” - February 20, 2018
- Blac Chyna’s Alleged Full Sex Tape Leaks + #BlackTwitter DRAGS Her for Being Boring & Having Whack Oral Skills - February 19, 2018
- WATCH: Video of ‘Black Ink Crew’ Star Donna Lombardi & Alex The Vagina Slayer Having Sex in a Public Bathroom Leaks - February 19, 2018
- VIDEO: Model & Reality TV Star Blac Chyna’s Sex Tape Leaks - February 19, 2018
- Former ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ Star Althea Heart Arrested for Misdemeanor Battery - February 19, 2018
- WATCH: Fergie’s National Anthem Performance was a Train Wreck + Celebrities React - February 19, 2018
- Black Panther Makes History at Holiday Box Office + Debuts at #1 with $361 Million Worldwide - February 18, 2018
- WATCH: Erica Mena Stunts in Someone Else’s Jet & Addresses Bow Wow Breakup in New ‘LHHATL’ Promo - February 17, 2018
- THIRST TRAP: Odell Beckham Jr. Flex’s for The Gram & Shows Off Rock Hard Abs - February 16, 2018