US Military Staging In Poland
(Soon to be) Former President Barrack Obama has sent 3000 troops to Poland in order to reassure NATO that he is taking Russian aggression seriously. Tomasz Szatkowski, the under-secretary of Poland, said that Russia has recently been performing large military exercises nears its borders. This company is the largest deployment of troops in Europe since the Cold War.
“Dmitry Peskov told the BBC that the move ‘threatens our interests and our security”. “It’s a third country that is building up its military presence on our borders in Europe,” he said. “It isn’t even a European country.’ “
In addition to these troops, US has also deployed 80 tanks and a large company of armored vehicles. The battalion is due to rotate between some other border countries and not permanently reside in Poland. Russian spokesman, Dmitri Peskov, commented that the US isn’t even an EU State and is acting as a third party agitator.
A little over a week was left in the Obama administration when this decision was made brings to question if timing was a factor here. Agitating a foreign power during a transition period does not seem like a wise move at all. In fact it seems as if Obama is leaving a giant mess behind for his replacement to deal with after the transition.
Trump’s administration will take the helm next week and it will be interesting how President Trump deals with these issues. It would be nice to see foreign aggression settled down and the focus be placed on improving conditions in the US. Trump demands respect and seems to already be on better footing for relations with Russia because of this. Obama has been acting hastily and childish as of late in his dealings with Russia. One can only suspect that Russia hasn’t retaliated to such abhorrent behavior out of maturity, knowing that a child will throw a fit when he doesn’t get his way.
- Happy Birthday to Radio Icon and Legend Doctor Michael Savage - March 31, 2017
- Shanghai Catwalks Are For The Dogs - March 31, 2017
- Usher and Ex-Wife Tameka Remember Tragic Death of Their Son - March 30, 2017
- Power Rangers Film Review: Needed Less Talk and More Action - March 27, 2017
- Mike Epps’ Wife Wants $109k a Month Divorce Settlement - March 22, 2017
- Stephen King’s “It” Remake Set for September 2017 Release - March 21, 2017
- Becky G Having “Girlfriend Issues” in New Power Rangers Reboot - March 20, 2017
- Amy Schumer Blames Alt-Right for Her Failing Netflix Special Ratings - March 19, 2017
- Tyrese Claps Back Against Women and Weaves Yet Again - March 17, 2017
- Bow Wow Threatens to Pimp Melania Trump while Defending Snoop Dogg - March 15, 2017