The Songbird and “Eternally 12” Mariah Carey Turns 48 Today
Today is the 47th birthday of one of the best selling female artists in history, Mariah Carey. Not that any of us could tell. She just performed for New Years Eve in a onesie, something, many have stopped wearing a full decade before reaching her age. We just hope that by the time she’s Madonna’s age, who’s nearly 10 years her elder she doesn’t go out and get butt implants like her and insist on going around being stark naked all the time, or get a man 20 years her junior at 50 like Kylie Minogue.
Her birthday comes a day after Diana Ross and two after Aretha Franklin, so this is clearly a week of the greats in music. Mariah, however doesn’t count her birthdays, she calls them her anniversaries. In fact, she stopped counting years ago as she calls herself “eternally 12.” For someone who has had a career with such insane ups an downs, she says she looks at herself as forever being 12 as a defense mechanism. She explained this in an ’08 Parade Magazine interview below:
“I’m eternally 12. And that 12-year-old inside me is an eternal optimist,” the lamb and rainbows enthusiast said. “I know what it feels like not to have fame or money, and I do still feel like that same person in many ways. Honestly, I don’t even have birthdays. I call them ‘anniversaries’. It really is about being as young as you feel. Some people convince themselves they’re old, or they think, ‘I have to grow up now; I can’t have fun.’ I will still always choose a day at Disney World over a night in Las Vegas, because that’s who I am.”
In a 2014 Complex Magazine feature, Mariah jokes, “I don’t have a birthday. I was just dropped here. It was a fairyland experience.” We’re also sure that while she does it so well, keeping herself looking “eternally 12” does take just a tad bit of work. She reportedly spends a whopping $46,000 a year on spa treatments… but for her 8 dogs, so one can only imagine what she spends on herself. Not that she needs to count. Her net worth is over $500 million, and that’s after her divorce so she’s doing just fine.
The twice divorced songbird was just out twinning with her ex Nick Cannon and her twins Moroccan and Monroe this weekend at the Kids Choice Awards. But it wasn’t just any normal way of dressing alike. Mariah and the girl twin Monroe dressed in black leather while Nick dressed in white and orange jump suits to match the boy twin Moroccan. Considering they’re exes, this was genius. I wouldn’t want to dress like my ex either. They still look cute together anytime they’re around each other so it still worked out in the end. Last year they did the same except Nick had his arms out and wore shorts. This year he was a little more covered up. Considering what good shape he’s in, it’s probably a good thing he covered the guns unless he’s trying to bring the two back together. Then again, her new boyfriend, backup dancer Bryan Tanaka doesn’t look too bad himself.
And it would not be like us to talk about Mariah Carey without discussing one of her famed feuds. There really are only two, Jennifer Lopez (who she’s worth far more than to be about the same age) and Nicki Minaj. Nicki Minaj threatened to shoot Mariah on set of American Idol. That’s about as good of a reason to hold a grudge if any. Well Mariah took an exceptional move in being petty by moving into the Los Angeles home Nicki moved out of after breaking up with her ex Safaree. Ouch. Whether this was done intentionally is not known she definitely wins the Petty award for that one.
For her birthday, we’ve put together some of our favorite Mariah Carey moments below:
- Heather Locklear Admitted to the Hospital for Psych Evaluation After Threatening Suicide - June 18, 2018
- Rapper XXXTenacion Dies at 20 Following Gunshot in Miami - June 18, 2018
- Tori Spelling Gets Embarrassed by the Internet Posting Photoshopped Bikini Pic & Deletes It - June 18, 2018
- Meghan Markle’s Dad Continues to Open His Big Mouth Embarrassing the Royal Family - June 18, 2018
- Eye Candy: New York Personal Chef Calvin Myers - June 18, 2018
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Release Joint Album on Tidal Where Jay’s Accused of Fraudulently Inflating Streaming Numbers - June 16, 2018
- Even the Producers of the Real Housewives of New York Are Tired of Bethenny & Jill Zarin Fighting - June 16, 2018
- Charlie Sheen Reveals He Makes His Hookers Sign NDA Agreements, Just Like Trump Amid HIV Exposure Lawsuit - June 16, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian is Hoping Acrobatic Sex will Keep Tristan from Cheating - June 16, 2018
- Eye Candy: Arizona Fitness Enthusiast Rod Harris - June 15, 2018