The Leftist Media Agrees Kellyanne Conway Couch Outrage is Idiotic
During President Trump’s meeting with Historically Black Colleges and Universities leaders Kellyanne Conway was caught kneeling on a couch in the oval office! Stop the presses this disrespect cannot go unpunished, or some seemed to think. However, there does seem to be some bipartisan agreement on this issue. It’s dumb.
The Washington Post recently published an article calling the debate over this event “incredibly stupid.” It’s nice to see there are some sane voices out there left in what has been increasingly partisan media outlets. There may be several things to be upset, or happy, about with President Trump and his administration depending on one’s political views. However, shoes on a couch should not really be one of them as it can distract from actual issues or important events.
Via The Washington Post:
SHE IS DISRESPECTING THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT.
HOW COULD SHE.
And so on and so forth.
This tempest in a teapot is, in a word, dumb. In two words: incredibly dumb.
First of all, every party not in the White House likes to express shock and outrage at the way the other side is treating this hallowed job and office. Republicans were incensed when Bill Clinton and Barack Obama treated the Oval Office with slightly less formality than did Ronald Reagan, who, famously, always wore a suit coat in the Oval Office.
This is all par for the Internet outrage/partisan police.
It was dumb when Republicans leveled the charge of Obama and Clinton disrespecting the White House. It is equally dumb now.
While the image taken gives off an impression that Conway is just sitting awkwardly on the couch playing on her phone, she was in fact just trying to get a good angle for a picture on her phone. Seems a bit odd and unnecessary though as there were photographers and a film crew on location and better pictures could easily have been acquired. However, there could be several reasons for wanting a photo on her phone, and none of which really matter at all.
The meeting of President Trump and HBCU Leaders came at their request for increased federal support via grants and contracts. The President is set to sign an Executive Order on HCBU that will do just that today. A White House initiative was started by Former President JImmy Carter to assist with these schools. However, since the initiative was started it has seemed to have fallen by the wayside.
Some outspoken members in the black community have spoken out against the meeting out of spite for the current administration. President Trump may be set to do more for HBCUs than Former President Barrack Obama. This could be great for encouraging education in the black community and improving economic conditions of students and their families.
Sources: CBS News Washington Post
- Happy Birthday to Radio Icon and Legend Doctor Michael Savage - March 31, 2017
- Shanghai Catwalks Are For The Dogs - March 31, 2017
- Usher and Ex-Wife Tameka Remember Tragic Death of Their Son - March 30, 2017
- Power Rangers Film Review: Needed Less Talk and More Action - March 27, 2017
- Mike Epps’ Wife Wants $109k a Month Divorce Settlement - March 22, 2017
- Stephen King’s “It” Remake Set for September 2017 Release - March 21, 2017
- Becky G Having “Girlfriend Issues” in New Power Rangers Reboot - March 20, 2017
- Amy Schumer Blames Alt-Right for Her Failing Netflix Special Ratings - March 19, 2017
- Tyrese Claps Back Against Women and Weaves Yet Again - March 17, 2017
- Bow Wow Threatens to Pimp Melania Trump while Defending Snoop Dogg - March 15, 2017