Tamela Mann Talks About Performing with Chance the Rapper at the Grammys
This Valentine’s Day, gospel singer Tamela Mann did an interview with Erica Campbell to discuss her big award winning weekend with her husband David. Sunday, February 5th she won a Grammy for Best Gospel Performance Song for God Provides following an NAACP Image Award the night before for Best Gospel Album. For Grammy night she took it to church alongside Chance the Rapper and Kirk Franklin.
When it came time for her to accept her win, she said she was in awe, speechless, cryless with running mascara just “excited for all of us. “I just wish we could have the opportunity to really shine, to sing the songs we won for,” she tells Erica, saying she hopes to open more doors to get God’s word out. When asked if she expected the win, that’s when her husband interjected saying No she did not expect winning and that just like everyone else, you do your best and hope it works out in the end. Tamela is an Independent artist which she says requires you to hit the pavement harder.
For Grammy night, David said he was nervous for her which is strange because it’s her singing. But get this, he also said he’s singing with her and that he’s the one helping her hit those notes. Did you catch that? And when asked if they could stick around a little longer for more of the show, he told Erica, “we can hang around a little bit, but we’ve got some love to get.” We hear you David. We’re just happy to see you all are in love with each other.
Glitzers, listen to Tamela Mann and her husband’s interview with Erica Campbell on her Grammy night win below:
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— JaVonni Brustow ? (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- Eye Candy: Fitness Trainer & Music Producer Christopher Moore aka Phoenixx Reed - June 23, 2018
- King Agu from Bravo’s ‘Invite Only Cabo’ Gets Butt Naked On Instagram - June 22, 2018
- Rapper XXXTentacion Revealed to Have Died While His Girlfriend was Pregnant - June 22, 2018
- Today’s Lesson In Petty: When You Find Out a Person You’ve Never Heard of Blocks You - June 22, 2018
- Eye Candy: Miami Fitness Trainer Eric Nicoleau - June 21, 2018
- Keith Carlos has been Thirst Trapping on Instagram Again - June 20, 2018
- Matt Barnes Tells Tekashi69 He’s Going to End Up Dead Like XXXTentacion Trying to be Hard - June 20, 2018
- XXXTentacion Fans Riot & Jump Off Roofs in Chaotic L.A. Memorial Over Dead Rapper - June 20, 2018
- Heather Locklear Admitted to the Hospital for Psych Evaluation After Threatening Suicide - June 18, 2018
- Rapper XXXTenacion Dies at 20 Following Gunshot in Miami - June 18, 2018