Tamela Mann Talks About Performing with Chance the Rapper at the Grammys
This Valentine’s Day, gospel singer Tamela Mann did an interview with Erica Campbell to discuss her big award winning weekend with her husband David. Sunday, February 5th she won a Grammy for Best Gospel Performance Song for God Provides following an NAACP Image Award the night before for Best Gospel Album. For Grammy night she took it to church alongside Chance the Rapper and Kirk Franklin.
When it came time for her to accept her win, she said she was in awe, speechless, cryless with running mascara just “excited for all of us. “I just wish we could have the opportunity to really shine, to sing the songs we won for,” she tells Erica, saying she hopes to open more doors to get God’s word out. When asked if she expected the win, that’s when her husband interjected saying No she did not expect winning and that just like everyone else, you do your best and hope it works out in the end. Tamela is an Independent artist which she says requires you to hit the pavement harder.
For Grammy night, David said he was nervous for her which is strange because it’s her singing. But get this, he also said he’s singing with her and that he’s the one helping her hit those notes. Did you catch that? And when asked if they could stick around a little longer for more of the show, he told Erica, “we can hang around a little bit, but we’ve got some love to get.” We hear you David. We’re just happy to see you all are in love with each other.
Glitzers, listen to Tamela Mann and her husband’s interview with Erica Campbell on her Grammy night win below:
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— JaVonni Brustow ? (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- Geoffrey Owens Just Landed Yet Role, This Time Alongside Michael Ealy & Hillary Swank in ‘Fatale’ - September 21, 2018
- Kenan Thompson Set to Star in New Single Dad Comedy ‘Saving Larry’ - September 21, 2018
- Ashton Kutcher Hits Teen with His Car Leaving Him Bloody & All the Kid Wanted was a Pic Together in Return - September 20, 2018
- Wiz Khalifa and Lil Skies Party in the Grocery Store in New ‘Fr Fr’ Video - September 20, 2018
- ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Kenya Moore Reportedly Wants to Replace Julie Chen on ‘The Talk’ - September 20, 2018
- Actor Joshua Joseph Gillum Shows Us Just How Hung He Actually Is + Is He Gay? - September 18, 2018
- Katt Williams Got Threatened with a Gun by Wanda Smith’s Husband for Roasting Her On Air - September 17, 2018
- Tom Arnold Says ‘Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Choked Him at an Emmy Party - September 17, 2018
- Jamaican Model Clinton Moxam Shows His Cakes Off in the Shower - September 16, 2018
- Sorry Boys, Viral Star Khalil Wells Says Just Because He’s Slept with Guys Doesn’t Mean He’s Gay - September 15, 2018