Sports Journalist Jemele Hill Suspended by ESPN
American sports journalist and co-host of ESPN’s flagship SportsCenter, Jemele Hill, has been suspended by ESPN for 2 weeks.
Apparently Jemele “violated social media guidelines” by encouraging people upset with Jerry Jones to boycott his sponsors.
Jemele took to Twitter and suggested that fans boycott Cowboys advertisers if they were upset Jerry Jones told his players they would stand for the national anthem or be benched:
“This play always work. Change happens when advertisers are impacted. If you feel strongly about JJ’s statement, boycott his advertisers.”
Hill was in the middle of an ESPN firestorm last month, when the White House called for her firing for calling President Trump a white supremacist on Twitter. ESPN had a sitdown meeting with her, where she apologized for the forum but not the message.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018