Russell Simmons Steps Down Def Jam & Other Companies as Another Woman Comes Forward with Sexual Assault Claims
Just one week after allegations about him surfaced, entrepreneur, producer and author Russell Simmons has stepped down from his position at Def Jam, the record label that he co-founded alongside Rick Ruben 33 years ago.
The news also comes following a claim from filmmaker Jenny Lumet, who states that Russell raped her in the early 90s. The alleged incident happened when Simmons offered her a ride to her Manhattan apartment. But instead, she says Russell locked the SUV doors and took her to his place, despite her repeatedly asking to be taken home.
She goes on to add that he first forced himself on her in his elevator, and then once inside his place, where he took her to the bedroom and raped her.
Russell says he has a different memory of that evening but he has since apologized saying he’s “been thoughtless and insensitive in some of my relationships over many decades.”
Model Keri Claussen Khalighi has also accused him of raping her around the same time.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018