Russell Simmons Steps Down Def Jam & Other Companies as Another Woman Comes Forward with Sexual Assault Claims
Just one week after allegations about him surfaced, entrepreneur, producer and author Russell Simmons has stepped down from his position at Def Jam, the record label that he co-founded alongside Rick Ruben 33 years ago.
The news also comes following a claim from filmmaker Jenny Lumet, who states that Russell raped her in the early 90s. The alleged incident happened when Simmons offered her a ride to her Manhattan apartment. But instead, she says Russell locked the SUV doors and took her to his place, despite her repeatedly asking to be taken home.
She goes on to add that he first forced himself on her in his elevator, and then once inside his place, where he took her to the bedroom and raped her.
Russell says he has a different memory of that evening but he has since apologized saying he’s “been thoughtless and insensitive in some of my relationships over many decades.”
Model Keri Claussen Khalighi has also accused him of raping her around the same time.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018