Rose McGowan Had the Most Epic, Profane Response to a Trans Protester at Her Book Book Signing
The most polarizing, yet epicly hilarious event Wednesday night when Rose McGowan arrived at the signing of her new memoir Brave in Manhattan’s Union Square. One would imagine it being a pretty somber evening, possibly a few tears while discussing how film mogul Harvey Weinstein raped her. After all, that takes guts to admit. That isn’t what happened of course. a trans-protestor interrupted her demanding she respond to comments she made on RuPaul’s podcast saying trans women are not like regular women. First of all, I don’t think anyone disagrees with that so for that to be the basis of your objection, you likely need your head examined.
“I have a suggestion. Talk about what you said on RuPaul. Trans women are dying and you said that we, as trans women, are not like regular women. We get raped more often. We go through domestic violence more often. There was a trans woman killed here a few blocks [away]. I have been followed home –.” The woman was then interrupted by Rose… and it all went downhill from there.
“Hold on. So am I,” Rose responded. “We are the same. My point was, we are the same. There’s an entire show called ID channel, a network, dedicated to women getting abused, murdered, sexualized, violated, and you’re a part of that, too, sister. It’s the same,” McGowan retorted.
“You do nothing for them. Trans women are in men’s prisons. And what have you done for them?” she asked.
“What have you done for women?” McGowan said.
“Don’t label me, sister. Don’t put your labels on me. Don’t you f—ing do that. Do not put your labels on me. I don’t come from your planet. Leave me alone. I do not subscribe to your rules. I do not subscribe to your language. You will not put labels on me or anybody. Step the f— back. What I do for the f—ing world and you should be f—ing grateful. Shut the f— up. Get off my back. What have you done? I know what I’ve done, God dammit.”
There are many who felt McGowan should have addressed her statement calmly and been more understanding. Just so you’d know, you don’t get to interrupt someone else’s event with yelling and screaming and complain of not getting kindness in return. Her response is exactly how I feel on a daily basis. Stop trying to marginalize people forcing them to do what you want AND… don’t tell me what the f*ck I’m doing. I’m confident in my body of work. What Rose said to RuPaul was hardly egregious and worth that type of shouting tirade she experienced. And let us not forget that she’s a rape victim so can we express a little sympathy or common courtesy for f*ck’s sake?
Glitzers, watch Rose McGowan’s book signing debacle below and let us know if you agree with how she handled it:
- Porn Star James Jagger’s also a Rapper by the Name of T Gotti & a Clothing Designer - February 13, 2018
- In Case You’ve Ever Wondered How Macana Man Got into Porn… Lol - February 13, 2018
- Houston Rapper, Slow Grinder & Self-Proclaimed “Bootyologist” Taz Dyess’ Nudes Leak - February 12, 2018
- Ever Wonder What Porn Star Venom has been Up to Since Quitting Porn? - February 12, 2018
- Cardi B and Anna Wintour are Besties Side by Side for New York Fashion Week - February 11, 2018
- Omarosa Rushed to the Hospital After Celebrity Big Brother Competition Injury - February 10, 2018
- Model Aaron Spady’s Well Hidden Nudes Finally Leak - February 10, 2018
- Model and Singer Jordan Selph Shocks Fans with Uber Impressive Nudes - February 9, 2018
- Vivica Fox’ ‘Black Magic’ Star Steven Beck’s Naked and… - February 9, 2018
- Check Out French Ball Player Stephane Manga and His 6’6 Baller Meat - February 9, 2018