Red Velvet End The Summer With ‘Russian Roulette’ Comeback
The summer is coming to a close very soon. SM Entertainment has released just about their entire A-List roster over the last several weeks. Red Velvet closes out the major summer releases.
Their latest comeback Russian Roulette is an 80s retro dance pop that’s fun, infectious and sounds nothing like their previous work. It’s somewhat generic in terms of KPop. I can hear many other groups doing this song. Dal Shabet, Laboum and even April come to mind. It’s not a bad song at all. It’s fresh and exuberant. But it doesn’t feel like a Red Velvet song at all.
The video makes up for the somewhat basic song. It’s weird, quirky, bright and odd. These are things I associate with Red Velvet. There is a slight disconnect between the video and the song. Still, the mini-album contains some great tracks like Sunday Afternoon and Foul. Take a look at the video below:
- NEW MUSIC: Mel C Finds A New Groove On “Anymore” - September 10, 2016
- Red Velvet End The Summer With ‘Russian Roulette’ Comeback - September 6, 2016
- K-POPNATION: Spica Goes Retro R&B On ‘Secret Time’ Comeback - August 30, 2016
- Britney Spears – Glory [Deluxe Edition] (Album Review) - August 29, 2016
- NEW MUSIC: Mollie King’s Heartfelt Solo Debut With ‘Back To You’ - August 24, 2016
- SM Unleashes’ Yuri & Seohyun’s EDM Masterpiece ‘Secret’ - August 24, 2016
- Exclusive: #WhoIsFHB? New Teaser Image Surfaces - August 23, 2016
- GLAM SHOT: 2NE1’s CL Goes Natural For Elle Korea September Issue - August 19, 2016
- K-POPNATION: Cosmic Girls Go To Infinity And Beyond In ‘Secret’ Comeback - August 18, 2016
- NEW MUSIC: CL Makes Her Boring US Debut With ‘Lifted’ - August 18, 2016