Rapper Da Brat Might be Getting Her Radio Checks Garnished for Beating a Woman with a Bottle
You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can’t take the ghetto out of the girl. That seems to be the case with rapper Da Brat. It’s been some 15 or so years since her last hit with her now on the Rickey Smiley Show. Usually when artists start spending time out of the spotlight they start getting into trouble and this is no different for Da Brat.
A former NFL cheerleader is seeking to garnish Da Brat’s wages for a $6.4 million lawsuit where she cracked a liquor bottle over her head from an incident going back to 2007. She didn’t win the case until 2014 and Da Brat served a 3 year prison sentence over it.
The victim, Shayla Stevens claims she experienced permanent facial scarring, mental pain and neurological impairment leading to $3.7 million being awarded to the plaintiff to cover injuries, past and future damages plus another $2.7 million as punishment to Da Brat totaling $6.4 million.
Sadly this isn’t Da Brat’s first time hitting someone in a club with a bottle. Let’s just hope she’s learned her lesson because at this point in her life at 43 years old, it’s quite immature. But maybe that’s why she’s on Dish Nation. She’s in good company sitting next to Porsha Williams who has been on several violent fights on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. It seems birds of a feather do flock together after all.
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018
- Remy Ma’s Teamed Up with Chris Brown on ‘Melanin Magic’ - January 16, 2018
- No, Donald Trump, You Do Not Get to Call Other Countries Shitholes - January 12, 2018
- Kyle Richards Says NONE of the Men on Real Housewives of New York are Marriage Material - January 12, 2018
- Wendy Williams Made the Rudest, Most Foul Comment About Kylie Jenner’s Pregnancy… And She Deserved It - January 11, 2018