Prince Harry Receives Royal Permission to Marry Meghan Markle
This are looking up for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in their budding romance. It has allegedly been confirmed that Prince Harry will be allowed to marry his divorcee girlfriend, if he decides to propose. These allegations of an impending proposal is being fueled by the reports that the prince has asked his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, for her permission to allow for him to marry the American Actress.
Royal insiders reportedly told the Daily Express that: “The way it’s going, the engagement will probably happen this year. Harry has got approval from the Queen to propose to Meghan, he’s already had those conversations with Her Majesty. An engagement is imminent.
“Harry has always had a good relationship with the Queen and they are an extremely close-knit family.”
The couple will be able to follow in the footsteps of William and Kate after the historic church confirmed the American actress’s former marriage would not bar her from marrying there. According to the Express, a spokesman for Westminster Abbey has said: “The Abbey follows the General Synod Ruling of 2002. Since then it has been possible for divorced people to be married in the Church of England.”
If they couple do decide to get married in this fashion, in addition to permission from the Queen, it is widely believed, a special license from the Archbishop of Canterbury would be required, given the fact that Markle married US film and TV producer, Trevor Engelson, in a Jewish ceremony in 2011 and the actress also identifies as Jewish.
There is no legal barrier that keeps a royal for marrying someone from the Jewish, Buddhist or Muslim faith, or even an atheist, but under the Act of Settlement of 1701 no one in the direct line of succession could marry a Catholic and keep their right to the throne. However, amendments made in 2015 now allow for the Royal Family to marry Catholic but a Roman Catholic royal still cannot become the monarch, because the monarch is head of the Church of England.
Harry, 32, first met Meghan, 35, in Canada last year whilst promoting his Invictus Games for disabled servicemen. Meghan made her first public appearance as a royal girlfriend earlier this month when she proudly watched Harry play in the Audi Polo Challenge at Coworth Park polo club in Berkshire.
Further reports claim that Harry and Meghan may get engaged on her 36th birthday on August 4 so that they are “officially” an item when Harry hosts the Invictus Games in her home town of Toronto in September.
- Fashion Icon Mychael Knight Dies at Age 39 - October 17, 2017
- President Trump Claims His Predecessor Didn’t Call Bereaved Military Families and the Obama Supporters are Not Having It - October 17, 2017
- The Results are In: Bachelor in Paradise’s Sexual Assault Investigation is Over - June 20, 2017
- Remembering Orlando: One Year Anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub Shooting - June 12, 2017
- “Bachelor in Paradise” Suspended Due to Alleged Sexual Assault on Set - June 12, 2017
- Multiple Shooting in Orlando - June 5, 2017
- Prince Harry Receives Royal Permission to Marry Meghan Markle - May 17, 2017
- Jamaican Olympic Gold Medalist Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Reports that She’s Pregnant - March 8, 2017
- The Obamas Sign Multi-Million Dollar Book Deal - March 7, 2017
- NFL Player Aldon Smith Is Being Investigated in a Domestic Incident - February 14, 2017