#Nicki Minaj Says Now is a ‘Great Time’ to be a White Rapper in America
Nicki Minaj made quite the polarizing statement on her Instagram today stating ‘It’s a great time to be a white rapper in America’ this Saturday. The comment was made on her Instagram account where she shouted out Eminem and Post Malone for being a part of the 7 top Top 10 iTunes rap songs out now by white rappers.
Nicki Minaj speaks on white rappers dominating the charts pic.twitter.com/zb8lUX13il
— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) December 17, 2017
The post immediately met criticism from fans accusing her of “singling out” white rappers. Now this would be a fair assumption, especially those accusing her of jealousy that is if she still wasn’t considered to be the top female rapper at the moment. Remy Ma might be gaining traction and beat Nicki with some awards but as for mainstream success, Nicki still wins without a question.
Her intent was likely to call attention to a “disproportionate white presence” in an African American dominated industry… essentially giving them kudos. Whatever she meant, she was definitely not happy with the backlash and clapped back quick, fast and in a hurry saying…
“UPDATE. Blocking all you sensitive dick riders,” she amended the post. “It IS a great time to be a white rapper in America. I wanna sign one for my new label. U know anyone? I [speak] my mthfkn mind n if u don’t like gtfo my page dick rida! Y’all can never wait to ride the Queen dick! Sensitive ass ig thugs. Gtfoh.”
She went a step further posting a video of rapper J Cole talking about how jazz used to be a black art form and that too is now dominated by white artists. She captioned that video laughing saying “be mad at this too.” She considered it to be regular industry criticism and said “I’ll [speak] on whatever the f*ck I want to whenever the f*ck I want to. I love being a smart successful woman. It’s never been cool or funny to be illiterate or uninterested in your industry or how it works.”
Facts are facts regarding demographics but at the end of the day you have to beat your competition. You can’t be upset that someone else is beating you at your own craft.
Glitzers, do you think Nicki Minaj was in the wrong singling about white rappers?
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018