#Nicki Minaj Says Now is a ‘Great Time’ to be a White Rapper in America
Nicki Minaj made quite the polarizing statement on her Instagram today stating ‘It’s a great time to be a white rapper in America’ this Saturday. The comment was made on her Instagram account where she shouted out Eminem and Post Malone for being a part of the 7 top Top 10 iTunes rap songs out now by white rappers.
Nicki Minaj speaks on white rappers dominating the charts pic.twitter.com/zb8lUX13il
— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) December 17, 2017
The post immediately met criticism from fans accusing her of “singling out” white rappers. Now this would be a fair assumption, especially those accusing her of jealousy that is if she still wasn’t considered to be the top female rapper at the moment. Remy Ma might be gaining traction and beat Nicki with some awards but as for mainstream success, Nicki still wins without a question.
Her intent was likely to call attention to a “disproportionate white presence” in an African American dominated industry… essentially giving them kudos. Whatever she meant, she was definitely not happy with the backlash and clapped back quick, fast and in a hurry saying…
“UPDATE. Blocking all you sensitive dick riders,” she amended the post. “It IS a great time to be a white rapper in America. I wanna sign one for my new label. U know anyone? I [speak] my mthfkn mind n if u don’t like gtfo my page dick rida! Y’all can never wait to ride the Queen dick! Sensitive ass ig thugs. Gtfoh.”
She went a step further posting a video of rapper J Cole talking about how jazz used to be a black art form and that too is now dominated by white artists. She captioned that video laughing saying “be mad at this too.” She considered it to be regular industry criticism and said “I’ll [speak] on whatever the f*ck I want to whenever the f*ck I want to. I love being a smart successful woman. It’s never been cool or funny to be illiterate or uninterested in your industry or how it works.”
Facts are facts regarding demographics but at the end of the day you have to beat your competition. You can’t be upset that someone else is beating you at your own craft.
Glitzers, do you think Nicki Minaj was in the wrong singling about white rappers?
- DC Rapper Pop Legendary aka Alldrae’s Naked and Proud of It - January 23, 2018
- Chante Moore Kicking Off ‘The Chronicles of Love Chapter 1’ Tour in Atlanta on Valentine’s Day - January 22, 2018
- NFL Player Mychal Kendricks Likes to Show Off His Cakes - January 21, 2018
- TRUE STORY!! Nancy Pelosi’s Going to Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race - January 19, 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018