#Nicki Minaj Says Now is a ‘Great Time’ to be a White Rapper in America
Nicki Minaj made quite the polarizing statement on her Instagram today stating ‘It’s a great time to be a white rapper in America’ this Saturday. The comment was made on her Instagram account where she shouted out Eminem and Post Malone for being a part of the 7 top Top 10 iTunes rap songs out now by white rappers.
Nicki Minaj speaks on white rappers dominating the charts pic.twitter.com/zb8lUX13il
— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) December 17, 2017
The post immediately met criticism from fans accusing her of “singling out” white rappers. Now this would be a fair assumption, especially those accusing her of jealousy that is if she still wasn’t considered to be the top female rapper at the moment. Remy Ma might be gaining traction and beat Nicki with some awards but as for mainstream success, Nicki still wins without a question.
Her intent was likely to call attention to a “disproportionate white presence” in an African American dominated industry… essentially giving them kudos. Whatever she meant, she was definitely not happy with the backlash and clapped back quick, fast and in a hurry saying…
“UPDATE. Blocking all you sensitive dick riders,” she amended the post. “It IS a great time to be a white rapper in America. I wanna sign one for my new label. U know anyone? I [speak] my mthfkn mind n if u don’t like gtfo my page dick rida! Y’all can never wait to ride the Queen dick! Sensitive ass ig thugs. Gtfoh.”
She went a step further posting a video of rapper J Cole talking about how jazz used to be a black art form and that too is now dominated by white artists. She captioned that video laughing saying “be mad at this too.” She considered it to be regular industry criticism and said “I’ll [speak] on whatever the f*ck I want to whenever the f*ck I want to. I love being a smart successful woman. It’s never been cool or funny to be illiterate or uninterested in your industry or how it works.”
Facts are facts regarding demographics but at the end of the day you have to beat your competition. You can’t be upset that someone else is beating you at your own craft.
Glitzers, do you think Nicki Minaj was in the wrong singling about white rappers?
- Accused Anti-Semitic DC Lawmaker Trayon White Threatens His Colleague Brianne Nadeau for Calling for Him to be Censured - April 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Fitness Trainer Trevor Bell - April 20, 2018
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018
- Alexis Skyy Posts Thirst Trap & The Internet Responds Telling Her to Take Care of Her Kid - April 15, 2018