Nick Jonas took the Subway to the Met Gala and this is what Happened
The Met Gala is one of the most premier fashion events on the east coast with guests individually invited by Anna Wintour and to explain the event’s exclusivity, tickets for those not on the guest list cost $30,000 in 2014. With that being said, every detail of the event is carefully and meticulously planned down to the car service. Apparently the transportation part of the night wasn’t that important to Nick Jonas who arrived taking the subway.
From the 68th Street station traveling uptown to 77th Street and Lexington Avenue, he only went one stop. As expected, his subway trip didn’t go without fanfare but it wasn’t until he left the subway did the chaos ensue because of course, New Yorkers are too busy on their phones to look up and notice anything while on the train. Fans tweeted how they would have reacted if they saw him on the subway including one user @amandaxrachel saying “do yOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE IF I SAW NICK JONAS IN A TUX ON THE WAY TO THE MET?!” Yes Amanda, we could imagine, and it’s probably best you didn’t see him there.
Katy Perry arrived in a 1930s classic car that stalled on the way there, almost causing her to miss the show. Blake Lively’s dress was so massive she had to rent a party bus just to show up but the winner of them all seems to be Nick Jonas who for a mere $2.75 got to avoid traffic, mingle with fans and make a social media splash all at once, while wearing couture Dolce & Gabbana with 24K gold thread hand-top-stitching. He makes even the most astute Instagram star envy his subway snaps. Who knew it was possible to make public transportation look so sexy?
Glitzers, check out Nick Jonas traveling to the Met Gala on the subway and the response on social media below:
— Lherde (@Lherde_) May 8, 2018
— Nathaniel Singer (@WHSMetroToProm) May 8, 2018
Helen Mirren and Jake Gyllenhaal ride the subway without bodyguards. @nickjonas is not humble or modest or brave or whatever nonsense you want to say he is. Because real New Yorkers do it EVERY DAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. pic.twitter.com/aaOtYO64Bb
— Love, Steven (@somedayboy) May 8, 2018
— omo (@ashleyygirl) May 8, 2018
- The Church of Beysus is Now a Thing as Beyonce Buys a New Orleans Church - May 23, 2018
- Kim Kardashian Takes her Kids to Disneyland + Takes a Nude Pic for Her Fragrance - May 22, 2018
- Convicted Wire Fraud Felon Cherita Whiting Represents DC Government Corruption at its Finest - May 21, 2018
- Eye Candy Round 2: Florida Fitness Trainer Bain of Black Raw Fitness + Eggplant Bonus - May 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: #Throwback: DC Model Steven Johnson with Locks - May 20, 2018
- Offset Shares Gruesome Car Crash Photos that He Says Could Have Killed Him + Shady Details About the Accident - May 19, 2018
- Caitlyn Jenner’s 21 Year Old Rumored Girlfriend Sophia Hutchins Takes a Pic In Her Bed - May 19, 2018
- Rapper Meek Mill Backs Out of Meeting with Trump on Prison Reform - May 18, 2018
- Teairra Mari Does a Press Conference with Lisa Bloom Suing 50 Cent for Revenge Porn - May 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Claims He was Falsely Arrested Outside His Atlanta Home Due to Altercation with Incompetent Security - May 17, 2018