Nick Jonas took the Subway to the Met Gala and this is what Happened
The Met Gala is one of the most premier fashion events on the east coast with guests individually invited by Anna Wintour and to explain the event’s exclusivity, tickets for those not on the guest list cost $30,000 in 2014. With that being said, every detail of the event is carefully and meticulously planned down to the car service. Apparently the transportation part of the night wasn’t that important to Nick Jonas who arrived taking the subway.
From the 68th Street station traveling uptown to 77th Street and Lexington Avenue, he only went one stop. As expected, his subway trip didn’t go without fanfare but it wasn’t until he left the subway did the chaos ensue because of course, New Yorkers are too busy on their phones to look up and notice anything while on the train. Fans tweeted how they would have reacted if they saw him on the subway including one user @amandaxrachel saying “do yOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE IF I SAW NICK JONAS IN A TUX ON THE WAY TO THE MET?!” Yes Amanda, we could imagine, and it’s probably best you didn’t see him there.
Katy Perry arrived in a 1930s classic car that stalled on the way there, almost causing her to miss the show. Blake Lively’s dress was so massive she had to rent a party bus just to show up but the winner of them all seems to be Nick Jonas who for a mere $2.75 got to avoid traffic, mingle with fans and make a social media splash all at once, while wearing couture Dolce & Gabbana with 24K gold thread hand-top-stitching. He makes even the most astute Instagram star envy his subway snaps. Who knew it was possible to make public transportation look so sexy?
Glitzers, check out Nick Jonas traveling to the Met Gala on the subway and the response on social media below:
— Lherde (@Lherde_) May 8, 2018
— Nathaniel Singer (@WHSMetroToProm) May 8, 2018
Helen Mirren and Jake Gyllenhaal ride the subway without bodyguards. @nickjonas is not humble or modest or brave or whatever nonsense you want to say he is. Because real New Yorkers do it EVERY DAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. pic.twitter.com/aaOtYO64Bb
— Love, Steven (@somedayboy) May 8, 2018
— omo (@ashleyygirl) May 8, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018
- Boonk Gang’s Still Releasing Sex Tapes of Himself – When Will it Stop? - July 16, 2018