NEW MUSIC: CL Makes Her Boring US Debut With ‘Lifted’
It may have taken two years, two buzz singles, one promo video and countless festival performances but it’s finally here. Yes, the long awaited CL US debut is upon us. Was it worth the wait?
CL said herself that she wanted to do something her style and her way. Hello Bitches was safe but still had bite to it. Even her buzz single with OG Mago and Riff Raff was fairly good. Lifted however, seems a bit underwhelming. It’s not a bad song at all. Some of her verses are good but it’s not pushing any boundaries. CL has been notoriously known for being inventive, interesting and provocative. Lifted is none of those things. It’s a cute little track but nothing that will make an impact in an oversaturated US music market.
The video is more interesting than the song. Watching CL twerk her way through NYC is fun. Probably the best parts of the video was the unexpected cameo fromMethod Man. Plus more CL twerking to go around. The video captures a cool NYC vibe reminiscent of J.LO’s Ain’t It Funny (Remix) video. I doubt this song and video will really help her US footing much but stranger things have happened. Take a look at the video below:
- NEW MUSIC: Mel C Finds A New Groove On “Anymore” - September 10, 2016
- Red Velvet End The Summer With ‘Russian Roulette’ Comeback - September 6, 2016
- K-POPNATION: Spica Goes Retro R&B On ‘Secret Time’ Comeback - August 30, 2016
- Britney Spears – Glory [Deluxe Edition] (Album Review) - August 29, 2016
- NEW MUSIC: Mollie King’s Heartfelt Solo Debut With ‘Back To You’ - August 24, 2016
- SM Unleashes’ Yuri & Seohyun’s EDM Masterpiece ‘Secret’ - August 24, 2016
- Exclusive: #WhoIsFHB? New Teaser Image Surfaces - August 23, 2016
- GLAM SHOT: 2NE1’s CL Goes Natural For Elle Korea September Issue - August 19, 2016
- K-POPNATION: Cosmic Girls Go To Infinity And Beyond In ‘Secret’ Comeback - August 18, 2016
- NEW MUSIC: CL Makes Her Boring US Debut With ‘Lifted’ - August 18, 2016