Nene Leakes Reveals Why She Never Shares Her New Year’s Resolutions
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Nene Leakes sat down with ABC News discussing her plans for 2018. During the conversation she stated that jut like everyone else she has new year’s resolutions, she just keeps them to herself.
“I have a lot of New Year’s resolutions,” she told ABC News. “I’m from the south, so we don’t tell our New Year’s resolutions. I really think that you should move in silence.”
Considering Nene is surrounded by people who likely don’t have her best interest at heart being on reality television, keeping your plans to yourself might not be that bad of an idea after all. “Even if your goal is to be on a diet this year, when you go on a diet, you go on a diet in silence.”
“You do not tell your friends around you that you’re on a diet because the moment you order a salad with ranch dressing on it they’re going to say, ‘That’s ranch dressing, honey! You know that’s got a lot of calories in it, girl. You shouldn’t be eating that!'”
It’s been around 5 years since she was a regular on network television with NBC’s short lived New Normal that lasted all of about 6 months ending in 2013. She probably has a goal of getting back on tv but doesn’t want to tell anyone so she won’t look thirsty as her castmates would probably say about her.
Keeping your resolutions to yourself, she says helps because no one knows “you’ve messed up but you, and you can get back up and start over tomorrow.”
“Whatever your goals are for 2018 you tell them to yourself,” Leakes added.
Glitzers, do you tell others your new year’s resolutions or do you keep them to yourself?
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018
- Alexis Skyy Posts Thirst Trap & The Internet Responds Telling Her to Take Care of Her Kid - April 15, 2018
- Watch Beyonce’s Full 2018 Coachella Performance Here – Her Blackest Performance Yet - April 15, 2018
- Toni Braxton Cuts Tamar from Her Tour + Tamar to Join RHOA & Getting a Bravo Spinoff Show? - April 15, 2018