Nene Leakes Reveals Why She Never Shares Her New Year’s Resolutions
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Nene Leakes sat down with ABC News discussing her plans for 2018. During the conversation she stated that jut like everyone else she has new year’s resolutions, she just keeps them to herself.
“I have a lot of New Year’s resolutions,” she told ABC News. “I’m from the south, so we don’t tell our New Year’s resolutions. I really think that you should move in silence.”
Considering Nene is surrounded by people who likely don’t have her best interest at heart being on reality television, keeping your plans to yourself might not be that bad of an idea after all. “Even if your goal is to be on a diet this year, when you go on a diet, you go on a diet in silence.”
“You do not tell your friends around you that you’re on a diet because the moment you order a salad with ranch dressing on it they’re going to say, ‘That’s ranch dressing, honey! You know that’s got a lot of calories in it, girl. You shouldn’t be eating that!'”
It’s been around 5 years since she was a regular on network television with NBC’s short lived New Normal that lasted all of about 6 months ending in 2013. She probably has a goal of getting back on tv but doesn’t want to tell anyone so she won’t look thirsty as her castmates would probably say about her.
Keeping your resolutions to yourself, she says helps because no one knows “you’ve messed up but you, and you can get back up and start over tomorrow.”
“Whatever your goals are for 2018 you tell them to yourself,” Leakes added.
Glitzers, do you tell others your new year’s resolutions or do you keep them to yourself?
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018