Naomi Campbell to Receive the Icon Award at the 2018 CFDA Awards
Now this is overdue! Vogue has revealed that Supermodel and fashion legend Naomi Campbell will receive the Fashion Icon Award at this year’s CFDA Awards ceremony. When speaking about her award Naomi stated:
It is truly an honor to be recognized by the CFDA with this year’s Fashion Icon Award. Being from London, my personal style has always been tremendously influenced by both the dynamic, ever-changing nature of street culture and the music scene. I grew up in this industry and I’m forever grateful to the iconic American fashion designers who have supported me and celebrated me throughout my career.
The 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards, which stands for the Council of Fashion Designers of America, was founded in 1962 by publicist Eleanor Lambert. As of 2009, Diane von Fürstenberg was the group’s president and Steven Kolb the CEO. The organization’s stated mission is to strengthen the influence and success of American designers in the global economy.
The firsr awards ceremony was heled in 1984.
Naomi now joins Beyonce, Rihanna, David Bowie and Pharrell Williams, who have all received the Icon award.
The 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards will be held on June 4, 2018 and will be hosted by Issa Rae. Donatella Versace will be honored with the International Award.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018