Modern Family’s Ariel Winter Deletes Her Twitter After Getting Harrassed by Paparazzi
Ariel Winter isn’t your Kylie Jenner type of celebrity who enjoys being a fame whore for the sake of it but then again she actually has a job. And when you’ve finished a long day of production, the last thing you want is an attempted upskirt shot, the type of thing that Paris Hilton would die for about a decade ago. Ariel, who plays Alex Dunphy in ABC’s Modern Family went to post a pic of herself someone sent her on her Instagram last week before having it removed by the service for being a copyright violation, presumably against the photographer.
“What in the f**k @Instagram ?? Lol they removed my photo because it violated someone else’s rights? It’s literally a photo of me that someone sent me on Twitter?” she captioned the photo.
Then the following started. “If a paparazzi attempts to take another f***ing picture in front of my house one more time I swear to god I will find ANY SORT of legal action,” she wrote in her now-deleted Twitter rant.
She continued: “Sad when you literally enjoy your job but hate every part of the fame aspect. Also sad when you desperately want to move somewhere remote so you can just live a normal life in peace.”
“I can’t speak for anyone else, but I hate being followed and I hate my sh** out in the news,” the 20-year-old actress wrote.
I hate to break it to Ariel but you know what they say about bullies and letting them know they’ve gotten to you. They’re just going to push harder. Back in March she mentioned her desire to push back from the spotlight as it’s largely been causing her anxiety.
“One day you did something great, and the next day you’re like plastered as a thousand other things,” Winter said. “It’s a really difficult industry.”
“I mean, we’re blessed to be in [it], and be able to make content that we love and that other people love, but it’s also an industry. It is true. it builds you up, and it can tear you down just as fast,” she added.
After frequently being shamed over the years for her clothing choices by everyone including her estranged mother, she says the key to maintaining a career in Hollywood is to “stay out of the spotlight as much as possible.”
“Having every little aspect of your life in the public eye, it’s really hard, because it gives more room for criticism, and I just want to live,” she insisted. “So I think I try and stay out of it as much as possible, unless I need to be in it.”
“I don’t really go anywhere to be seen or anything like that. I’ll go to a red carpet, if I’m in [the movie], or if I’m supporting my boyfriend or my friends. But otherwise I usually just stay home,” Winter continued. “Paparazzi is kind of really getting on my last nerve.”
The end result of it all is that she deleted her Twitter account and posted on Instagram that she was in the process of deleting all social media.
Ariel’s a beautiful girl and at 20 has been on Modern Family since she was 11. She’s clearly being bullied and at some point you have to know when enough is enough. Even her mother seems to be throwing gasoline on the fire saying her outfits are a cry for help. She isn’t even able to go out with her boyfriend, actor Levi Meaden (11 years her elder) without getting flack for it. Hopefully she’ll be able to reclaim her time as Maxine Waters would say and be able to thrive without allowing the paparazzi to intimidate her.
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018