Megyn Kelly is Leaving Fox News for NBC
The internet recently went into a frenzy as news was released earlier today announcing that Megyn Kelly will be leaving Fox News to become a member of NBC News.
The television star was recently ranked as the second most watched host for Fox News, trailing behind Bill O’Reilly.
According to the New York Times, Kelly will assume a “triple role in which she will host her own daytime news and discussion program, anchor an in-depth Sunday night news show and take regular part in the network’s special political programming and other big-event coverage.
In her recently released Memoir “Settle For More”, Megyn Kelly was vocal about sexual assault suffered her by her former boss and Fox News Chairman; Roger Ailes. In an interview with Gayle King for CBS News, Kelly said in relation to these harassment allegations, that “…this will not happen to one more woman”.
In describing the incidents, Kelly said the requests of her presence in Ailes’ office “veer in between obviously inappropriate sexual comments and legitimate professional advice,” She said she didn’t come out about her plight earlier because she believed that her situation was an isolated incident, but later found out that Ailes was aggressively trying to silence other accusers.
It is still unclear what Kelly’s new salary will look like but in an October 27, 2016 report by The Wall Street Journal, it was reported that Kelly will be receiving an annual income of $15 Million in the final year of her contract (which ends this summer-July, 2017). According to the WSJ, negotiations were under way for Kelly, who was “seeking an average annual salary north of $20 million for her next contract — which would put her on par with Fox host Bill O’Reilly.”
It is understood however that in their attempt to snatch the talented Kelly form their main rivals, NBC News was clear to disclose that they could not match the $20 million offer Fox.
- Fashion Icon Mychael Knight Dies at Age 39 - October 17, 2017
- President Trump Claims His Predecessor Didn’t Call Bereaved Military Families and the Obama Supporters are Not Having It - October 17, 2017
- The Results are In: Bachelor in Paradise’s Sexual Assault Investigation is Over - June 20, 2017
- Remembering Orlando: One Year Anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub Shooting - June 12, 2017
- “Bachelor in Paradise” Suspended Due to Alleged Sexual Assault on Set - June 12, 2017
- Multiple Shooting in Orlando - June 5, 2017
- Prince Harry Receives Royal Permission to Marry Meghan Markle - May 17, 2017
- Jamaican Olympic Gold Medalist Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Reports that She’s Pregnant - March 8, 2017
- The Obamas Sign Multi-Million Dollar Book Deal - March 7, 2017
- NFL Player Aldon Smith Is Being Investigated in a Domestic Incident - February 14, 2017