Meek Mill Speaks Angry from Prison, Calling for Probation Reform
Meek Mill spoke on the phone to NBC Nightly News’ Lester Holt today about his 2-4 year prison sentence giving more insight on how a lack of prison reform that has him there in the first place. A 2008 illegal gun and drug conviction lead to him having a 10 year probation order. During his convo with Lester, he says something as small as jaywalking could land him back to jail according to the law and says he always thought he would end up back in prison just based on such harsh laws.
The case is an extraordinary one considering how the judge is documented for requesting her name be added in a song and upon his refusal, still gets to preside over his case and offer a judgment which can easily be interpreted as a personal vendetta.
He does have some people on his side. The owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, and Michael Rubin, owner of the 76ers both paid him a visit at the Chester State Correctional Institution in Pennsylvania where he’s currently serving his sentence. Rubin’s organized a number of players to go visit him. Considering he has a lot of black athletes under him who are susceptible for being in this same situation, he just might be lobbying for some form of prison reform. He at least has the power to do so. One can only hope.
Glitzers, watch Lester Holt’s call with Meek Mill below:
TONIGHT on @NBCNightlyNews: "It was always a thought in the back of my mind that ten years of probation would bring me back to prison."
Rapper Meek Mill speaks out to @LesterHoltNBC after being imprisoned for violating probation — garnering calls for criminal justice reform. pic.twitter.com/Ky25vCw6lq
— NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt (@NBCNightlyNews) April 12, 2018
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018
- Alexis Skyy Posts Thirst Trap & The Internet Responds Telling Her to Take Care of Her Kid - April 15, 2018
- Watch Beyonce’s Full 2018 Coachella Performance Here – Her Blackest Performance Yet - April 15, 2018
- Toni Braxton Cuts Tamar from Her Tour + Tamar to Join RHOA & Getting a Bravo Spinoff Show? - April 15, 2018