Meek Mill Speaks Angry from Prison, Calling for Probation Reform
Meek Mill spoke on the phone to NBC Nightly News’ Lester Holt today about his 2-4 year prison sentence giving more insight on how a lack of prison reform that has him there in the first place. A 2008 illegal gun and drug conviction lead to him having a 10 year probation order. During his convo with Lester, he says something as small as jaywalking could land him back to jail according to the law and says he always thought he would end up back in prison just based on such harsh laws.
The case is an extraordinary one considering how the judge is documented for requesting her name be added in a song and upon his refusal, still gets to preside over his case and offer a judgment which can easily be interpreted as a personal vendetta.
He does have some people on his side. The owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, and Michael Rubin, owner of the 76ers both paid him a visit at the Chester State Correctional Institution in Pennsylvania where he’s currently serving his sentence. Rubin’s organized a number of players to go visit him. Considering he has a lot of black athletes under him who are susceptible for being in this same situation, he just might be lobbying for some form of prison reform. He at least has the power to do so. One can only hope.
Glitzers, watch Lester Holt’s call with Meek Mill below:
TONIGHT on @NBCNightlyNews: "It was always a thought in the back of my mind that ten years of probation would bring me back to prison."
Rapper Meek Mill speaks out to @LesterHoltNBC after being imprisoned for violating probation — garnering calls for criminal justice reform. pic.twitter.com/Ky25vCw6lq
— NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt (@NBCNightlyNews) April 12, 2018
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018