Mariah Carey, Dolly Parton & Over 40 Celebs are Accepting Cryptocurrency Monero this Holiday Season
Cryptocurrency is all the rage these days. A friend just told me last night she’s making $100 a day on Bitcoin alone with new price high announcements being made by the hour. Of course, Bitcoin is not the only form of cryptocurrency out there and it comes as no surprise that celebrities are looking to cash in on the craze. Bitcoin competitor Monero, (not to be confused with the Nissan car) has partnered with Mariah Carey, Lana Del Rey, Sia, Dolly Parton, and over 40 celebrities who are offering discounts on their merchandise for the holiday season. Mariah’s two Christmas albums in, has a Christmas children’s book, has new holiday singles so if anyone stands to gain financially here it would be her.
While everyone is buying into cryptocurrency, there is a lack of places to use the actual currency, hence the creation of Project Coral Reef, a community driven promotional effort designed to raise awareness of Monero’s private and secure system.
“As cryptocurrencies become more popular, it’s important that my fans have choices when it comes to how they buy my songs and merchandise,” said rap star G-Eazy in a statement. “Given Monero is one of the safest, most secure and most private cryptocurrencies, it’s one of the best options for my fans this holiday season — and just in time for my new album.”
This is being done in conjunction with the payment processing system GloBee, music merchandising companies Global Merchandising Services and Manhead Merchandise along with the artists themselves.
“Our focus is to create the best environment for fans to engage with their favorite artists’ merchandise and licensed products,” said Christopher Drinkwater, head of e-commerce for Global Merchandise, in a statement. “With the emergence of cryptocurrencies as an increasingly popular way for consumers to purchase goods, it makes sense that we partner with a trusted digital currency such as Monero to allow fans to transact with artists in a way in which they have never been able to before.”
“As someone on the front lines of the music merchandise business, I know how passionate fans are in supporting their favorite band or artist,” added Chris Cornell, founder and CEO of Manhead Merchandise. “I also know how much they value keeping their financial information private. Giving fans the option to use their Monero to purchase awesome gear at our artists’ stores this holiday season is a win-win for our artists, and our fans’ right to privacy.”
- DC Rapper Pop Legendary aka Alldrae’s Naked and Proud of It - January 23, 2018
- Chante Moore Kicking Off ‘The Chronicles of Love Chapter 1’ Tour in Atlanta on Valentine’s Day - January 22, 2018
- NFL Player Mychal Kendricks Likes to Show Off His Cakes - January 21, 2018
- TRUE STORY!! Nancy Pelosi’s Going to Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race - January 19, 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018