MAC Cosmetics Announces Aaliyah Makeup Collection for Summer 2018
The wait will soon be over. After the highly successful Selena Quintanilla collection, MAC Cosmetics has revealed that they will be releasing collection inspired by singer and actress Aaliyah. The news comes just one day before she tragically lost her life in a plane accident in the Bahamas after shooting the music video for Rock da Boat.
It was the strength of Aaliyah’s fans who helped MAC to honor the fallen icon with a Change.org petition to produce an Aaliyah collection two years ago, which garnered over 26,000 signatures before it closed:
Aaliyah is truly one in a million — an unstoppable icon whose groundbreaking work in R&B music and film inspires us all. Today we join her countless fans in celebrating her with the announcement of the M·A·C Aaliyah collection. You made it happen! Stay tuned in 2018. #AaliyahforMAC @aaliyah_haughton_official
In her short career, Aaliyah’s style and image changed but at the same time remained true to who she was. From her early days of baggy clothes and sunglasses, to her iconic and signature hairstyle inspired by actress Veronica Lake, Aaliyah was truly ahead of her time and I cannot wait to see what MAC does with her legacy.
- VH1 & Love & Hip Hop: New York’s James R. Being Sued for Use of a STOLEN Song - January 18, 2018
- BIIIH GET IN HERE: Orlando Brown was Arrested for Battery & His Mugshot Is a Drugged Out Mess - January 18, 2018
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann Clarifies Her Comments about Kandi Wanting to “Lick Her Box” - January 18, 2018
- Offset “Denies” Using Gay Slur & Apologizes for Offending Fans + People are Still NOT Having It - January 18, 2018
- Offset Says He Can’t Vibe with Queers in New Song with YFN Lucci + Twitter Goes Off - January 18, 2018
- WATCH: Justin Timberlake – ‘Supplies’ Official Video - January 18, 2018
- Former ‘Cousin Skeeter’ & ‘One on One’ Star Robert Ri’chard’s Nude Photos Surface - January 17, 2018
- Lana Del Rey’s ‘Born to Die’ Becomes Third Album by Female Artist to Spend 300 Weeks on the Billboard 200 Chart - January 17, 2018
- Stacey Dash Calls Out Oprah & Meryl Streep + Says That She Knew about Harvey Weinstein & So Did They - January 17, 2018
- WATCH: Cassie Pleads with Her Lover to Make a Move in ‘Don’t Play It Safe’ Official Video - January 17, 2018