MAC Cosmetics Announces Aaliyah Makeup Collection for Summer 2018
The wait will soon be over. After the highly successful Selena Quintanilla collection, MAC Cosmetics has revealed that they will be releasing collection inspired by singer and actress Aaliyah. The news comes just one day before she tragically lost her life in a plane accident in the Bahamas after shooting the music video for Rock da Boat.
It was the strength of Aaliyah’s fans who helped MAC to honor the fallen icon with a Change.org petition to produce an Aaliyah collection two years ago, which garnered over 26,000 signatures before it closed:
Aaliyah is truly one in a million — an unstoppable icon whose groundbreaking work in R&B music and film inspires us all. Today we join her countless fans in celebrating her with the announcement of the M·A·C Aaliyah collection. You made it happen! Stay tuned in 2018. #AaliyahforMAC @aaliyah_haughton_official
In her short career, Aaliyah’s style and image changed but at the same time remained true to who she was. From her early days of baggy clothes and sunglasses, to her iconic and signature hairstyle inspired by actress Veronica Lake, Aaliyah was truly ahead of her time and I cannot wait to see what MAC does with her legacy.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018