Love & Hip Hop: Miami’s Young Hollywood Receiving Death Threats & Being Called Racist over Amara La Negra Comments
Two weeks later and Young Hollywood is still feeling the power of the people, specifically the black people of the Internet. As you are aware, during the series premiere of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop Miami, Amara La Negra instantly became the show’s breakout star after producer Young Hollywood told her to switch up her look in order to make it into the mainstream.
The words DID not sit right with Amara nor viewers and an outpouring of support was given to her. Not only that, Amara signed a multi-album record deal with Fast Life Entertainment Worldwide and BMG.
On Monday night, Young Hollywood went live on Instagram where he went off on “fans” and viewers of the show who were attacking him. He stated that the advice he gave Amara about trading in her fro for an elegant look was merely a reflection of what the music industry expects and not his personal beliefs:
“Amara is a beautiful girl. But it’s sad to say that I’m not the highest peak of the totem pole. It’s just sad that some industries require certain looks for certain songs, just to appeal to certain markets…Look at me, bro! I couldn’t even be racist if I wanted to.”
When speaking to TMZ, Hollywood revealed that he is now receiving death threats and being labeled as racist, which he says he is not:
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018