Loretta Lynn Fell Breaking Her Hip at Home but in Good Spirits
Country music star Loretta Lynn was revealed to have fallen and broken her hip at her home according to her younger sister Crystal Gayle. The incident occurred on New Year’s day and her sister is requesting “love and prayers” for Loretta in an Instagram post. “I was with Loretta yesterday,” she added. “She is in good spirits and is doing as well as can be expected with this type of injury.”
Her daughter Patsy was a bit more jovial about the incident, jokingly blaming it on the new puppy she has. “She has a new puppy,” she tells People Magazine. “We don’t really know if she was chasing after the puppy or what, but she slid and fractured her hip. We blame the puppy!” she said with a laugh. “Though the puppy brings smiles so there’s that.”
Just last May 2017 Loretta had had a stroke which she has been doing an amazing job recovering from. Her first public appearance was in October to induct longtime pal Alan Jackson into the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.
As for this latest situation, “She’s in great spirits,” Patsy tells People. “She’s just aggravated because she was recovering so well and getting around. Now this is a setback.”
Loretta is the type of woman who even a few years away from 90 is hardly one that acts her age. In a 2016 interview with People she said she could probably out work anyone in Nashville.
“They tell me to rest all the time, but I’m not tired! I don’t have to work now. I don’t have to, but I love to,” Lynn, whose long list of awards and accomplishments include three Grammys, eight Country Music Association Awards (including the very first female vocalist award in 1967) and a Kennedy Center Honor, said the time. But she’s not done yet.
“I can probably outwork anyone in Nashville. I ain’t ready to lay down and die,” she said. “I don’t see no reason to quit right now.”
A few years back, President Obama nominated Loretta Lynch as US Attorney General leading to a flooding of Loretta Lynn tweets asking if the country singer was making a foray into politics. Though the tweets were made in jest… by some because we’re sure some were serious, this proves God is definitely on her side in sustaining her career and name recognition as she’s been in the business since the 50s which is quite the extraordinary accomplishment.
We’re praying and hoping for the best for Loretta Lynn.
- TRUE STORY!! Nancy Pelosi’s Going to Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race - January 19, 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018
- Remy Ma’s Teamed Up with Chris Brown on ‘Melanin Magic’ - January 16, 2018
- No, Donald Trump, You Do Not Get to Call Other Countries Shitholes - January 12, 2018
- Kyle Richards Says NONE of the Men on Real Housewives of New York are Marriage Material - January 12, 2018