LISTEN: TLC Returns with G-Funk Inspired New Single ‘Way Back’ featuring Snoop Dogg
The wait is almost officially over. After a few setbacks, TLC will finally be releasing their final studio album on June 30. To help get fans ready, the group has released the album’s official first single, Way Back featuring rapper Snoop Dogg.
The throwback inspired tune seems to sample Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five‘s The Message, and kicks off with T-Boz speaking about an old flame that she hasn’t seen in a long time, while Chilli sums it up stating that they should get together:
“We go way back /Like James Brown and Michael J / Like them high school parties / Some things don’t ever change / Yeah, you and me, we go way back.”
In 2015, TLC launched a Kickstarter campaign for their final album and fans (as well as celebrities like Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Bette Midler & Soulja Boy) responded by raising more than $430,000.
Though this will be their FINAL album as TLC, T-Boz & Chilli have stated that they will not split up following the album’s release and will continue to perform together.
While I like the song, I don’t think that it’s the right choice for a lead single. It does give a very CrazySexyCool vibe, which die-hard fans like myself would appreciate, but I was expecting something more up-beat. Anyways, take a listen to the song below and be the judge for yourselves:
NOTE: THE IHEARTRADIO VERSION DOES NOT FEATURE SNOOP DOGG, BUT YOU CAN HEAR IT HERE.
- Amina Buddafly & Peter Gunz File for Divorce + Amina Says She Accepted the Situation 2 Years Ago - January 20, 2018
- Drake Surprises Fans with 2-Song EP ‘Scary Hours’ + Disses Joe Budden in ‘Diplomatic Immunity’ - January 20, 2018
- 50 Cent Threatens Ja Rule + Ja Rule Calls 50 a #TickleBooty B***h A** N***a - January 19, 2018
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Name Newborn Baby Daughter Chicago West - January 19, 2018
- Toya Wright Calls Out WE TV for Making Daughter Reginae Look Like a F***ing Brat on #GUHHATL + Reginae Quits - January 19, 2018
- Blac Chyna’s Lawsuit Against Kim Kardashian & Kris Jenner Has Been Tentatively Dismissed - January 19, 2018
- VH1 & Love & Hip Hop: New York’s James R. Being Sued for Use of a STOLEN Song - January 18, 2018
- BIIIH GET IN HERE: Orlando Brown was Arrested for Battery & His Mugshot Is a Drugged Out Mess - January 18, 2018
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann Clarifies Her Comments about Kandi Wanting to “Lick Her Box” - January 18, 2018
- Offset “Denies” Using Gay Slur & Apologizes for Offending Fans + People are Still NOT Having It - January 18, 2018