LISTEN: Sam Smith Sets the Tone of What’s to Come with New Song ‘Too Good at Goodbyes’
After releasing his Grammy-winning debut album, In the Lonely Hour in June 2014, Sam Smith has officially returned with a new song titled Too Good at Goodbyes.
Released today worldwide, the song will serve as the official first single from Sam’s upcoming second studio album TPH-50HR. Take a look at what Sam said about his new single below:
“This song is about a relationship I was in and it’s basically about getting good at getting dumped. It’s been a long while since I’ve put any music out and I feel that this first single sets the tone of what is to come.”
The song also marks the first of new material from the British singer-songwriter since 2015’s Writing’s on the Wall, the theme song for the 2015 James Bond film Spectre.
Though The Writings on the Wall earned mixed reviews from music critics, The single became the first Bond movie theme to reach number one in the UK Singles Chart, and it won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song at the 73rd Golden Globe Awards and the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 88th Academy Awards as the 2nd Bond theme after Skyfall (2012).
Though there is no exact date at this time, TPH-50HR is expected to be released before the end of the year. Sam worked alongside Adam Lambert, Timbaland, Jimmy Napes and Naughty Boy.
- Amina Buddafly & Peter Gunz File for Divorce + Amina Says She Accepted the Situation 2 Years Ago - January 20, 2018
- Drake Surprises Fans with 2-Song EP ‘Scary Hours’ + Disses Joe Budden in ‘Diplomatic Immunity’ - January 20, 2018
- 50 Cent Threatens Ja Rule + Ja Rule Calls 50 a #TickleBooty B***h A** N***a - January 19, 2018
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Name Newborn Baby Daughter Chicago West - January 19, 2018
- Toya Wright Calls Out WE TV for Making Daughter Reginae Look Like a F***ing Brat on #GUHHATL + Reginae Quits - January 19, 2018
- Blac Chyna’s Lawsuit Against Kim Kardashian & Kris Jenner Has Been Tentatively Dismissed - January 19, 2018
- VH1 & Love & Hip Hop: New York’s James R. Being Sued for Use of a STOLEN Song - January 18, 2018
- BIIIH GET IN HERE: Orlando Brown was Arrested for Battery & His Mugshot Is a Drugged Out Mess - January 18, 2018
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann Clarifies Her Comments about Kandi Wanting to “Lick Her Box” - January 18, 2018
- Offset “Denies” Using Gay Slur & Apologizes for Offending Fans + People are Still NOT Having It - January 18, 2018