LISTEN: Ashanti Returns with Underwhelming New Single ‘Say Less’ Featuring Ty Dolla $ign
The wait is over! After speaking about her musical return this summer, Ashanti is finally ready as she returns with her new single, Say Less. Featuring Ty Dolla $ign, the DJ Mustard produced single will be a banger in the club:
“Like get in my face, say less (say less)/If it ain’t about the money, say less (say less)/If he ain’t from the clique, say less/Bitch, say less.”
Though there are little details surrounding the new album, it will serve as the official followup to Ashanti’s fifth studio album, Braveheart, which was released in 2014.
Braveheart marked Asnati’s first album in six years, since The Declaration and her first since leaving Murder Inc Records. In 2012, Ashanti formed her own record label Written Entertainment, which was independently distributed worldwide by eOne Music.
Upon its release, Braveheart was met with generally positive from music critics.
As a fan of Ashanti, I am VERY disappointed with the new single. DJ Mustard’s production doesn’t work for her, and it’s apparent that she’s trying to fit in with her younger cohorts but it isn’t working. She’s better than this. But hey, I’m just one aopinion, be the judge for yourselves:
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018