Keshia Knight-Pulliam Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
Keshia Knight-Pullium is this morning one happy woman as she yesterday (Jan 23) announced the birth of her daughter (and only child) Ella Grace to the world.
Pullium made the announcement via Instagram with the caption “Ella Grace has arrived!!!” The caption accompanied a photo presumed to be the feet of her newborn wearing a pair of fluffy socks. According to a report, Keshia says she chose the name Grace because the baby was her saving grace throughout the drama with her estranged husband, Ed Hartwell.
The 37 year old actress popularly known for her role as Rudy Huxtable in the sitcom The Cosby Show, told fans of her pregnancy last July via Instagram, but a few days later Hartwell filed for a divorce from the child-star citing; “irreconcilable differences”. The divorce was probably one of the messiest for 2016 as Hartwell went as far as to demand that a paternity test be done on the fetus.
In an exclusive interview with Page Six TV, the 38 year old former NFL player revealed that in February, 2016, one month after his nuptial with Pullium, that the two had a sit-down and he confessed to her that they “messed up”. He said “she wanted a baby really fast, and what I was trying to explain to her was that – from my beliefs, from seeing other successful people – that when you first get married, especially since we didn’t have a long courtship, that we should actually focus on each other and not just have a baby. That’s something she really did want to do.” He said her desperation to be a mother (asking him if she could adopt, do in-vitro or for both of them to freeze their reproductive cells) is what caused him to stop having sex with his then wife, and result in his demand for a paternity test. He confessed that he cannot say if she has ever been unfaithful.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Keshia seem to share the same sentiments and said she no longer has any desire to be married to Hartwell but cited that she is grateful for her blessing – her little girl.
On November 24, 2016, Keshia posted a sonogram image of her baby on her IG page with the heartfelt caption: “This has been the single most challenging year of my life. However, I wake up this Thanksgiving more grateful & in awe of God’s power than ever. Thru it all this little face has kept me going & helped me tap into strength I didn’t even know I possess. I am so eternally grateful for my little Ella. I would not trade any of what I have gone thru for her. She is my greatest accomplishment & joy. She has inspired my smile even thru the tears. I am so proud she has chosen me to be her mommy…”
- Fashion Icon Mychael Knight Dies at Age 39 - October 17, 2017
- President Trump Claims His Predecessor Didn’t Call Bereaved Military Families and the Obama Supporters are Not Having It - October 17, 2017
- The Results are In: Bachelor in Paradise’s Sexual Assault Investigation is Over - June 20, 2017
- Remembering Orlando: One Year Anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub Shooting - June 12, 2017
- “Bachelor in Paradise” Suspended Due to Alleged Sexual Assault on Set - June 12, 2017
- Multiple Shooting in Orlando - June 5, 2017
- Prince Harry Receives Royal Permission to Marry Meghan Markle - May 17, 2017
- Jamaican Olympic Gold Medalist Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Reports that She’s Pregnant - March 8, 2017
- The Obamas Sign Multi-Million Dollar Book Deal - March 7, 2017
- NFL Player Aldon Smith Is Being Investigated in a Domestic Incident - February 14, 2017