Kelis Claims Ex-Husband Nas Used to Put Bruises All Over Her Body
Singer Kelis just dropped a bombshell on HollywoodUnlocked.com’s Jason Lee. In a recent interview with the site’s CEO, she described in detail horrid descriptions of her tumultuous 5 year marriage to rapper Nas which ended in 2010. She described the times he would leave her covered in bruises and that she only left because she was pregnant with her son Knight and didn’t want anything to happen to the baby. If ever there were evidence as to what possibly happened to her career, this marriage sounds as though it could be it as they got together at the height of her success.
“It was really dark. There was a lot of drinking. There was a lot of mental and physical abuse. I probably would have stayed longer had I not been pregnant [with Knight] because I really did love him and because we were married. We weren’t dating, we were married. Like, this was my person.”
“I’ve waited nine years to say anything. I have never talked about this man, ever,” she explained. “The amount of airing out that I could do, and I’ve chosen not to … Our kids will find out. They’re finding out now. I’ve never painted myself as a saint. Did he hit me? Mhm. Did I hit him back? Mhm.”
She said the intensity of their relationship was such with the “intense highs and really intense lows” that many days they would go to bed fighting and wake up “like it never happened.” She also revealed that they hit each other. “Did he hit me? Mmhmm. Did I hit him back? Mmhmm,” she said matter of factly.
It took the revelation of the Rihanna/Chris Brown that she woke up realizing that could be her.
“I remember so clearly when the [Rihanna] pictures came out … ‘cause I [also] had bruises all over my body at that time,” she recalled, becoming visibly emotional. “I wasn’t ready to walk [away]. I just wasn’t. I’m not weak but I’m really private. I don’t like people knowing my business. I felt like, ‘This is my partner. I chose this. We’re gonna do this, we’re gonna make it work.’”
Since the relationship she’s moved on to real estate agent Mike Mora who she married in 2014. They now have a 2 year old named Sheperd.
“I moved on,” she said. “I’m married. I have another baby. My life is good.”
This comes at a time that Nicki Minaj broke up with Nas stating their schedules weren’t conducive to a relationship. It makes one wonder if he showed that side of himself to her and if so, will we ever hear about it.
Glitzers, watch the full interview where Kelis spills the deets below:
- VIDEO: Rapper Boonk Gang Jumps Teenagers while on Bumper Cars at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Cali - July 14, 2018
- Rapper Boonkgang is On Twitter Releasing Sex Tapes of Himself as We Speak - July 14, 2018
- Why Does Charlize Theron Dress Her 6 Year Old Son Up as a Girl? - July 13, 2018
- Justin Bieber Spent Over a Half Million on Hailey Baldwin’s Engagement Ring - July 13, 2018
- Rapper YG Turns Himself In Over Vegas Robbery & Faces Felony Charges - July 13, 2018
- DC Young Democrats Vice President Darrell Gaston Arrested on Simple Assault - July 12, 2018
- George Lopez Urinates on Trump’s Hollywood Star (with Fake Urine) - July 11, 2018
- Brad Pitt Wants Tiffany Haddish After Drake Stood Her Up but She Says She Wants Leonardo DiCaprio - July 11, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka VibeHi Interviews with JaVonni Brustow - July 11, 2018
- Surprise! DC Model Luther Williams aka Luwavyy’s also a Rapper - July 10, 2018