Kelis Claims Ex-Husband Nas Used to Put Bruises All Over Her Body
Singer Kelis just dropped a bombshell on HollywoodUnlocked.com’s Jason Lee. In a recent interview with the site’s CEO, she described in detail horrid descriptions of her tumultuous 5 year marriage to rapper Nas which ended in 2010. She described the times he would leave her covered in bruises and that she only left because she was pregnant with her son Knight and didn’t want anything to happen to the baby. If ever there were evidence as to what possibly happened to her career, this marriage sounds as though it could be it as they got together at the height of her success.
“It was really dark. There was a lot of drinking. There was a lot of mental and physical abuse. I probably would have stayed longer had I not been pregnant [with Knight] because I really did love him and because we were married. We weren’t dating, we were married. Like, this was my person.”
“I’ve waited nine years to say anything. I have never talked about this man, ever,” she explained. “The amount of airing out that I could do, and I’ve chosen not to … Our kids will find out. They’re finding out now. I’ve never painted myself as a saint. Did he hit me? Mhm. Did I hit him back? Mhm.”
She said the intensity of their relationship was such with the “intense highs and really intense lows” that many days they would go to bed fighting and wake up “like it never happened.” She also revealed that they hit each other. “Did he hit me? Mmhmm. Did I hit him back? Mmhmm,” she said matter of factly.
It took the revelation of the Rihanna/Chris Brown that she woke up realizing that could be her.
“I remember so clearly when the [Rihanna] pictures came out … ‘cause I [also] had bruises all over my body at that time,” she recalled, becoming visibly emotional. “I wasn’t ready to walk [away]. I just wasn’t. I’m not weak but I’m really private. I don’t like people knowing my business. I felt like, ‘This is my partner. I chose this. We’re gonna do this, we’re gonna make it work.’”
Since the relationship she’s moved on to real estate agent Mike Mora who she married in 2014. They now have a 2 year old named Sheperd.
“I moved on,” she said. “I’m married. I have another baby. My life is good.”
This comes at a time that Nicki Minaj broke up with Nas stating their schedules weren’t conducive to a relationship. It makes one wonder if he showed that side of himself to her and if so, will we ever hear about it.
Glitzers, watch the full interview where Kelis spills the deets below:
- Kim Zolciak Turns 40 + Nene Leakes’ Husband is Out of the Hospital - May 24, 2018
- Caitlyn Jenner Says All Her Children Have Moved On from Her with their Lives - May 23, 2018
- LOL: Michael Blackson Says Dolce & Gabbana Doesn’t Have a Dressing Room Big Enough for His Motombo - May 23, 2018
- The Church of Beysus is Now a Thing as Beyonce Buys a New Orleans Church - May 23, 2018
- Kim Kardashian Takes her Kids to Disneyland + Takes a Nude Pic for Her Fragrance - May 22, 2018
- Convicted Wire Fraud Felon Cherita Whiting Represents DC Government Corruption at its Finest - May 21, 2018
- Eye Candy Round 2: Florida Fitness Trainer Bain of Black Raw Fitness + Eggplant Bonus - May 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: #Throwback: DC Model Steven Johnson with Locks - May 20, 2018
- Offset Shares Gruesome Car Crash Photos that He Says Could Have Killed Him + Shady Details About the Accident - May 19, 2018
- Caitlyn Jenner’s 21 Year Old Rumored Girlfriend Sophia Hutchins Takes a Pic In Her Bed - May 19, 2018