Kate Gosselin’s Starring in a New Dating Show, ‘Kate Plus Date’
TLC’s decade plus reality star Kate Gosselin, famous for the busload of children she had in the early 2000s is back with yet another show debuting this fall. Kate Plus Date is documenting her efforts to find a man and thus a father to her whopping 8 children. Now in her 9th year of her divorce being finalized, she’s a little more than overdo for another round. After all, she’s still a pretty young woman as she just celebrated her 43rd birthday this past March. The show will feature her working with a professional matchmaker, because let’s face it, 8 children and still having high standards isn’t going to be a piece of cake.
Kate says she chose to do the show based on her twin daughters’ encouragement. Not too long ago she was under investigation for possible child abuse when she sent one of her children away briefly to a special needs program. The father, Jon Gosselin filed for custody of one of the children a few years ago as well citing being unhappy with her mother. If dating will do anything, it’ll give Kate the opportunity to find someone who will help her be less overwhelmed and stressed with so many children. It’s only natural one would be a little exasperated from time to time with that type of pressure.
“As we’re talking about Mady and Cara going off to college which is becoming more and more of a reality, it’s gonna happen, it almost became like a worry for them, too, like ‘Mommy, you’re gonna be all alone soon,’ ” shares Gosselin. “But it was very apparent, now that they’re older and talking about dating and how they’re all gonna get married someday … it became apparent: they want someone for me. They want me to have somebody in my life.”
Dating with cameras around is not an easy thing. Just ask Kenya Moore. It practically cost her her job AND her new husband during the last season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta… but not so much for Kate. She says she prefers it that way as she’s out with “strangers.” I’m pretty sure a taser would suffice but then again, the check she was offered probably was enough to take the added pressure of millions of eyes being on her while making some life altering decision.
“If I’m going to date someone, I can’t just go out on a date — it’s creepy to me to think of just going out somewhere with some stranger, and so I actually feel like doing it like this is the best and safest way for me to go on a date — a camera crew will be there! I’ll be safe!” she says. “And the person will have been vetted by a matchmaker.”
“I won’t be just doing some scary online thing,” she says. “I mean, online dating, seriously — I put my profile in there and people will know who it is within 90 seconds. No, this is probably the safest way for me to date, let’s be honest.”
Glitzers, are you prepared for more of Kate Gosselin? Will you be tuning in to watch Kate find love?
- Eye Candy: Fitness Trainer Trevor Bell - April 20, 2018
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018
- Alexis Skyy Posts Thirst Trap & The Internet Responds Telling Her to Take Care of Her Kid - April 15, 2018
- Watch Beyonce’s Full 2018 Coachella Performance Here – Her Blackest Performance Yet - April 15, 2018