Kandi Burruss Sued for Writing Bad $16,000 Check to Restaurant Construction Service
NeNe Leakes and Kim Zoliciak-Biermann aren’t the only Real Housewives of Atlanta stars who are having some personal problems. Radar Online is reporting that Kandi Burruss, who reunited with her group Xscape earlier this year, has gotten herself caught up in some legal issues.
In court papers obtained from the Superior Court of Fulton County, Kandi and her husband Todd Tucker, as well as architect Cedric T. Drayton entered a contract with Charles Eric Busbee to perform construction services on Old Lady Gang’s Southern Cuisine.
Charles received a check for $7,414 after completing general contract work on June 17, 2016 and two more checks in the amounts of $7,167 and $1,931 on June 23. The complaint reads:
“Plaintiff was asked by Mr. Drayton to wait until a week to present the check to the bank. The end of the following week came and on June 24, 2016 you indicated that the check you deposited to cover the check written to me on June 12, 2016 had not cleared.
At that time, you indicated you were expecting a monetary draw from the client, Todd Tucker, the following week. On June 28, 2016, I went to the bank to liquidate the checks, and again, I learned that not only were the checks no good, but that a deposit had not been made into that account.”
Charles states that he was forced to pay his crew out of his own pocket, and the architect, Cedric Drayton, admitted in court to not paying the amount agreed upon. He agreed to make restitution payments for a year on September 26, 2016.
“To date, not one payment has been received,” the filing read. “Under the agreements made, Defendants owes Plaintiff $16,512.”
Kandi has yet to respond to the lawsuit.
The news comes just two months after it was reported that Kandi’s restaurant was hit with so many health code violations that it earned a dismal “C” rating.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018