Kandi Burruss Sued for Writing Bad $16,000 Check to Restaurant Construction Service
NeNe Leakes and Kim Zoliciak-Biermann aren’t the only Real Housewives of Atlanta stars who are having some personal problems. Radar Online is reporting that Kandi Burruss, who reunited with her group Xscape earlier this year, has gotten herself caught up in some legal issues.
In court papers obtained from the Superior Court of Fulton County, Kandi and her husband Todd Tucker, as well as architect Cedric T. Drayton entered a contract with Charles Eric Busbee to perform construction services on Old Lady Gang’s Southern Cuisine.
Charles received a check for $7,414 after completing general contract work on June 17, 2016 and two more checks in the amounts of $7,167 and $1,931 on June 23. The complaint reads:
“Plaintiff was asked by Mr. Drayton to wait until a week to present the check to the bank. The end of the following week came and on June 24, 2016 you indicated that the check you deposited to cover the check written to me on June 12, 2016 had not cleared.
At that time, you indicated you were expecting a monetary draw from the client, Todd Tucker, the following week. On June 28, 2016, I went to the bank to liquidate the checks, and again, I learned that not only were the checks no good, but that a deposit had not been made into that account.”
Charles states that he was forced to pay his crew out of his own pocket, and the architect, Cedric Drayton, admitted in court to not paying the amount agreed upon. He agreed to make restitution payments for a year on September 26, 2016.
“To date, not one payment has been received,” the filing read. “Under the agreements made, Defendants owes Plaintiff $16,512.”
Kandi has yet to respond to the lawsuit.
The news comes just two months after it was reported that Kandi’s restaurant was hit with so many health code violations that it earned a dismal “C” rating.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018