Kandi Burruss Says She Almost Quit Real Housewives After Last Season’s Drama
Last season on the Real Housewives of Atlanta, Kandi Burruss found herself the victim of one of the worst moments of being ganged up on on reality television that we can remember. After a heart wrenching tear jerker of a reunion, she revealed to Us Weekly she almost left the show altogether.
“For a second, we had thought about throwing up the deuces and saying goodbye,” Burruss admits to Us. “Last season after the reunion, I was really kind of done and I was really kind of thinking maybe I should go on about my business.”
And if she did walk off, we wouldn’t blame her. For those who forgot, her vindictive cast member Phaedra Parks was caught in a lie on the reunion where she accused Kandi Burruss of trying to drug and rape Porsha Williams and then fumbled over the source and timeline of her story. It was ugly, disgusting and almost everyone on the stage was seen in tears at once seeing how angry Kandi was over it… except for Kenya Moore. She was smiling, happy that Phaedra had been exposed. Kenya might cause her amount of drama on the show, but her character had been severely maligned by Phaedra and she had been trying to tell the rest of the cast about her for years. Nene didn’t like Phaedra from the time she met her for trying to dig up old family members to embarrass her.
The saving grace that kept Kandi on the show was the fact the producers of the show expressed how much they supported her so she decided to give it another go ’round. When asked if she would patch things up with Porsha, she said “absolutely not,” and as for Phaedra, she hasn’t spoken to her after the reunion and has no intentions of doing so in the future. She has stated she’s capable of co-existing with Porsha but that’s as far as it goes. Porsha allowed herself to play a pawn in the situation, running with a lie just to make an enemy of hers look bad. It’s funny that she started playing a church mouse, just like Phaedra and after the two met they turned into two evil THOTs on the show.
Kandi chimed in on Kenya Moore’s marriage as well siding with her decision to keep it private.
“I side with Kenya on that situation just because she has had so much drama over the years about her boyfriends,” she explains.”I can understand why she didn’t want to necessarily share it with everybody from the beginning because a lot of people have nice things to say about her relationship. So even though I wish I could have been there when she got married, however she chooses to do it, that’s her business. And he’s a really nice guy. I have since met him after the fact. But I’m on her side on this one.”
The women of the Real Housewives of Atlanta have been quite combative with Kenya Moore, with people like Phaedra saying she had scrambled eggs and Nene saying she didn’t belong on the show, so with attitudes like that, why go out of your way to invite people into your life? We also side with Kenya.
When it comes to what we can expect from Kandi Burruss on this season, she says, “If I can make it through last season, I can make it through anything,” she says.
The new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta airs on Sundays at 8pm EST/7 CST on Bravo.
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018
- Boonk Gang’s Still Releasing Sex Tapes of Himself – When Will it Stop? - July 16, 2018