Kaley Cuoco’s Wedding Dress Took 400 Hours to Make + Behind the Scenes Wedding Footage
Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco is a lucky girl. She’s 32 years old already with her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and just walked down the aisle this past Saturday in one of the most unique weddings you’re likely to see. Of course that’s what one would expect when marrying the son of a billionaire. His dad is Scott Cook, co-founder of Intuit, the maker of Turbo Tax currently putting H&R Block out of business. Her husband, Karl Cook is a professional horseback rider that proposed to her in 2016. It didn’t take long for it to happen as he first appeared on her Instagram that spring when he won a Grand Prix, just months after she announced her divorce from tennis player Ryan Sweeting.
The wedding was what you would call ranch style… mostly because it was held on an actual ranch. The location was Cook’s Pomponio horse ranch in Southern California. There was a pony and puppy procession, a floral alter in the shape of a horseshoe, circus acts and a two story tent flown from Germany. Then there was Kaley’s wedding dress. It was an original created by Lebanese designer Reem Acra whose dressed Madonna and created wedding gowns for Marcia Cross, Leann Rimes, Jenna Dewan and it turns out she’s into horses as well. She has the Reem Acra Athlete of the Year equestrian award in her name. The 20’s glitz and glam channeling dress took a whopping 400 hours to make. That’s the equivalent of around the clock work for over 2 weeks. Jesus H. Christ.
Kaley called up celebrity event planner Lauren Tatum to do the event for her. “Right after she got engaged, she called me and asked for me to be to be her planner,” Lauren Tatum of Lauren Tatum Events of Los Angeles told E! News exclusively. “We’ve worked together for years…”
“30 minutes after she got engaged, she called me and sent me a bunch of pictures, personal pictures,” Tatum recalled. “The vision was that it was to be romantic and that the animals were to be included and that it would have lots of lights and be sparkly…Romance, animals, 1920s theme and love.”
Her on screen husband Johnny Galecki who plays Leonard on Big Bang Theory reposted a picture from the wedding saying “Couldn’t be happier for my fake wife.”
Officiated by her sister Briana Cuoco, when it came time to exchange vows, Kaley broke down during her part. “[And] I would go to my phone, and I’d go to my notes and I couldn’t write anything,” the 32-year-old actress tells her now-husband in an Instagram story clip from the altar. “And I didn’t really understand why. And it’s because there really weren’t enough words to describe how I actually, truly feel about you.”
Karl equally fought back tears reciting his vows saying “To understand you plucking my eyes with my unibrow comes from a place of love… I promise to remove any errant insect that journeys into our home,” Cook said landing a chuckle from his peppy bride. All in all it was definitely an event to remember and I guarantee you won’t find a wedding similar any time soon.
Glitzers, check out footage from the wedding below:
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018