Justin Releases Surprise New Single ‘SoulMate’ In Time for Independence Day
While we’re all celebrating the Fourth of July making cookout visits with the family, Justin Timberlake’s put out some new music to help you celebrate. Also it’s July so it might be able to hold you over a little until cuffing season comes around. (Hopefully he’ll have some more for us by then. It’s only July for Christ’s sake.) The track is titled SoulMate, quite a befitting track title to dedicate to his wife Jessica Biel. The only problem is the chorus is “Let me be your soulmate just for the night.” I don’t think that’s something she wants to be known for… at least a little bit longer than the night so he might want to hold back on dedicating that to her.
The track, produced by Nineteen85, a member of the R&B duo dvsn also produced Drake’s Hotline Bling and did work for Jennifer Hudson, R Kelly, Nicki Minaj, Juicy J and some others so he definitely has some heavy hitters under his belt. He also worked on Justin’s 2013 album 20/20 experience. Others who contributing to the song’s writing are
Timberlake discussed in a Complex Magazine interview about how much he loves Drake’s track Scorpion and about the possibility of working together in the future. “There’s like two or three tracks on every G.O.O.D. Music release that I really, really am feeling. I love ‘Scorpion,’ I think it literally just like answered anything. I think The Boy came correct with that one. We’ve talked about [collaborating again] a lot. I don’t wanna say too much because I don’t wanna jinx it, but we’ve talked about it a lot.”
Timberlake who’s currently been on tour since March following his latest album Man in the Woods released the month before but appears to still be working on new music if the studio pics on his Instagram are to believed. He was just in the Bahamas working on some new music which is good for the fans because his tour will be rapping up in January and who knows…. he might immediately have some new fire for us all. And this time maybe he can come up with something a little more appropriate for the misses instead of being her soulmate just for the night.
Glitzers, listen to Justin Timberlake’s SoulMate below and tell us what you think:
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018