Justin Bieber Spent Over a Half Million on Hailey Baldwin’s Engagement Ring
It seems like long gone are the days Justin Bieber was the male Britney Spears being covered by the paparazzi every day for acting like a fool, urinating on Bill Clinton pictures and doing 100mph through his neighborhood at home, people not wanting to rent their home to him due to wild parties and what not. Those were truly fun times for us journalists but he’s all ready to settle down now. And it’s happening with someone other than Selena Gomez. After subjecting us all to years of getting together and breaking up he chose to propose to his friend Hailey Baldwin, who he goes to church with. Apparently they dated during his off time with Selena from 2015 – 2016.
The 24 year old seemed to waste no time with Hailey shocking the world with their engagement and getting her a ring from private jeweler Jack Solow based out of New York’s Solow & Co. Oh, and the ring was custom. He didn’t just walk in and pick it up, either.
“Justin did have a hand in selecting the diamond because I sent videos to his team,” Solow tells PEOPLE. “I know him through [his manager] Scooter Braun. When it came time to find a ring, Justin asked Scooter and said, ‘I’m ready to pop the question’ and he said, ‘There is only one place to go, ask Jack.’”
“In the end, Justin wanted something that would gracefully accentuate Hailey’s beautifully-shaped hands. We settled on an oval stone that was just exceptional in its length and grace. Look at her hands — she’s exquisite,” says the jeweler, who had a “few weeks” to make the custom diamond sparkler, which is somewhere between 6 to 10 carats.
Total price for such a piece of jewelry? Aout $500,000 according to sources. But I’d like to push back at a statement his manager Scooter Braun made. While discussing the so called only place to go when you want a special piece of jewelry, he said Jack Solow. So we don’t trust Jacob the Jeweler anymore? And before anyone laughs, that was the go to guy for all rappers, entertainers and who’s who pre-recession. Laugh if you want but in my Papa Johns CEO voice, “ya’ll n*ggas don’t have any loyalty?” (The Papa Johns Chairman John Schnatter just stepped down for use of the N word for those who missed the joke.) I know the ship has pretty much sailed on the days of the iconic Jacob the Jeweler time pieces BUT Jacob did make the news recently.
Floyd Mayweather just bought a whopping $18 million watch from none other than Jacob the Jeweler. The watch is so pricey it’s been dubbed the Billionaire’s watch and why not? He’s reportedly worth about a billion these days. And just why does a person buy an $18 million watch? You do that when you’re tired of wearing $250,000 watches. While that ring Bieber got for Hailey Baldwin was nice and all, and I’m going to let him finish, but we need to remember Jacob the Jeweler. He’s the original GOAT.
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018
- Boonk Gang’s Still Releasing Sex Tapes of Himself – When Will it Stop? - July 16, 2018
- Just Who Did Alexia Cheat On Youtuber Jamar Johnson with that Caused Him to Bite Her? - July 16, 2018
- Drake Now Has the Most Hot 100 #1 Hits of Any Rapper with ‘In My Feelings’ - July 16, 2018
- Tekashi69 Surrendered Himself, Posted Bail & Walked Out of Jail After Allegedly Assaulting a 16 Year Old in TX Mall - July 16, 2018
- THOT Almighty Celina Powell Strikes Again & Exposes Snoop Dogg for Cheating - July 15, 2018
- Eye Candy: NYC Personal Trainer Michael Leggett aka FashionMeetzFitness - July 15, 2018
- VIDEO: Rapper Boonk Gang Jumps Teenagers while on Bumper Cars at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Cali - July 14, 2018
- Rapper Boonkgang is On Twitter Releasing Sex Tapes of Himself as We Speak - July 14, 2018
- Why Does Charlize Theron Dress Her 6 Year Old Son Up as a Girl? - July 13, 2018