Jhene Aiko Clarifies Misconceptions about Her Cheating on Ex-Husband Dot Da Genius with Big Sean
On Monday, singer-songwriter Jhene Aiko became a trending topic following an interview where she spoke about her friendship turned relationship with rapper Big Sean.
When speaking with BBC Radio 1Xtra, Jhene stated that she and Sean became friends in 2012 shortly before her brother Miyagi passed away from cancer:
“We became friends the year that my brother passed. had just met him and we worked on ‘Beware’ and ‘I’m Gonna Be.’ He wanted to take me out on a date. I had a boyfriend, but I still went…just as a friend. I had never been courtside to a game and he’s cool. I told my boyfriend ‘I’m gonna go to this game.'”
Her relationship with the ex ended soon after she found out he was “secretly” married and Sean was in a relationship with Ariana Grande at the time so Jhene couldn’t pursue.
Some readers took this to mean that she cheated on her then-boyfriend while others thought it was about her ex-husband Dot Da Genius, who she privately married and divorced some years later:
YALL NOT GONE DISRESPECT JHENÉ AIKO LIKE SHE’S SOME KINDA HO
— grandmama shay 🦋. (@lilbratzzdoll) February 12, 2018
Jhene Aiko cheated on her nigga to find the love of her life. Ladies with boyfriends, take notes.
— 🐐 (@BigLNBM) February 12, 2018
Jhene Aiko wasn’t wrong for going on a date with Big Sean. She was in a toxic relationship with Dot Da Genius. He had a whole family & a secret wife while dating Jhene.
My issue is, how Jhene gonna make a whole verse promoting eating booty like groceries when she hates it.
— 𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕖 (@nuffsaidNY) February 12, 2018
Oh so Jhene Aiko EX had a whole family on her? I would’ve been sitting courtside with Big Sean ass too. pic.twitter.com/w9EjQEqoFl
— GEM (@ROZtheCreator) February 12, 2018
so niggas mad cause Jhené Aiko went on a date with Big Sean while she was in a relationship.. y’all found out the man had a whole secret wife and family and she’s still being shamed.. lmfao what
— courtney 🌹 (@youngcourttv) February 12, 2018
Big sean: “Don’t you got a bf tho?”
Jhene aiko: “oh no he’s just a friend” pic.twitter.com/0Ge4n8xBLA
— life isnt safe for u (@jamieNoitsJaime) February 12, 2018
Jhenè Aiko fucking up the game for us. We can’t even use “he’s just a friend” anymore. She’s cancelled.
— Hotep Princess ✨ (avoiding suspension) (@DimplesBePlayin) February 12, 2018
Jhene noticed that she was trending and even read a few of the comments and realized she had time yesterday so she cleared up the misconceptions about their relationship in a string of tweets:
- Blac Chyna’s Alleged Full Sex Tape Leaks + #BlackTwitter DRAGS Her for Being Boring & Having Whack Oral Skills - February 19, 2018
- WATCH: Video of ‘Black Ink Crew’ Star Donna Lombardi & Alex The Vagina Slayer Having Sex in a Public Bathroom Leaks - February 19, 2018
- VIDEO: Model & Reality TV Star Blac Chyna’s Sex Tape Leaks - February 19, 2018
- Former ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ Star Althea Heart Arrested for Misdemeanor Battery - February 19, 2018
- WATCH: Fergie’s National Anthem Performance was a Train Wreck + Celebrities React - February 19, 2018
- Black Panther Makes History at Holiday Box Office + Debuts at #1 with $361 Million Worldwide - February 18, 2018
- WATCH: Erica Mena Stunts in Someone Else’s Jet & Addresses Bow Wow Breakup in New ‘LHHATL’ Promo - February 17, 2018
- THIRST TRAP: Odell Beckham Jr. Flex’s for The Gram & Shows Off Rock Hard Abs - February 16, 2018
- WATCH: Drake Gives back to the City of Miami in ‘God’s Plan’ Official Music Video - February 16, 2018
- SECURING THE BAG & PEACH: Kenya Moore’s Doctor Visit was a Stunt to Keep Her on the Show - February 15, 2018