Jada Pinkett Smith Speaks Out on Tupac Biopic, Says Scenes are “Deeply Hurtful”
Today marks what would have been Tupac‘s 46th birthday and to celebrate it, a biopic titled All Eyez on Me was also released to theaters today, chronicling the life and legacy of the rapper and actor, including his rise to superstardom, as well as his imprisonment and prolific, controversial time at Death Row Records.
One of his closest friends, Jada Pinkett Smith, who he called “his heart,” took to Twitter moments ago to speak out about her portrayal in the film, stating that some of the moments never happened:
She did praise Demetrius Shipp, Jr. and Kat Graham for their performances however:
She ended her thoughts by wishing Pac a happy birthday:
Jada and Tupac met in high school in the mid ’80s. She’s described him as one of her best friends, and although they kissed once, she says it was never a romantic relationship.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018