Jackson Family Patriarch Joe Jackson Passes Away at 89
Earlier this week we reported conflicting reports on the Jackson family patriarch Joe Jackson’s health and whether he was as bad off as it was being reported. TMZ claimed he was on his death bed with family all visiting, the Daily Mail said Jermaine claimed he was dying, which he objected to and a cryptic tweet hinting toward some premonition about his coming death was met with rebuke from his granddaughter Paris saying he didn’t send it and someone was taking advantage of him.
All of this is now in the past as reports have just come in that Joe Jackson just passed away. The irony is that he died 2 days after his son Michael Jackson died, June 15th in 2009. Joe was famous for his treatment of his children while driving them into stardom including his turbulent relationship with son Michael Jackson who 30 years ago in ’88 was said to be a mystery man by Michael in a tell-all edited by Jackie Kennedy Onassis.
“Most of the time we just rehearsed. We always rehearsed… He’s still a mystery man to me and he may always be one.”
“If you messed up you got hit, sometimes with a switch, sometimes with a belt,” Jackson wrote. “Dad would make me so mad at him that I’d try to get back at him and get beaten all the more.”
There are many today who have had no sympathy for Joe in his last days while suffering from a long battle with cancer citing how he treated his children. LaToya wrote in a ’91 memoir that she was molested by him and detailed accounts of abuse her siblings experienced. Janet said she envied her friends’ relationships with their dad but recently at the 2018 Radio Disney Awards, Janet thanked her dad for helping her become the woman she is today.
As difficult as the death of a family member can be, especially one you had a rough history with, it’s my hope that the family is able to have closure regarding their experiences with their dad. The same goes for fans and critics of the Jackson family. People change and for all we know, Joe could have changed as a person. In 2011 it was said that Joe was alone and hardly visited by family. Hopefully since then the family was able to make amends with him. You only get one father and once they’re gone that’s it. Despite how any of us felt about Joe Jackson, he did bring us the greatness known as the Jackson family and for that we’re grateful. Rest in peace, Joe.
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018