Irv Gotti Talks How the Music Industry’s Changed to Cycle
Rap mogul Irv Gotti chatted with Cycle for the second episode of Inner Circle talking about how much the industry’s changed, taking a minute to reminisce on the glory days of hip hop. In his hey day, Irv Gotti brought us Ashanti, Ja Rule, Fat Joe and some of the biggest hits from the early part of the millennium until the feds came knocking at his door for money laundering. Though he’s spent over a decade off the top of the charts, he announced earlier in the year he’s relaunching his label Murder Inc., something many of us thought would never happen, while others have essentially written him off.
The reality is if you’ve got it, you’ve got it and if he’s had the talent to build an industry empire once, he just might be able to do it again. He’s already had some success with his new show Tales on BET, a scripted anthology with a set of new cast members for each episode. Each week is like a mini movie where every episode is directed around a song, a hip hop narration of sorts.
Glitzers, check out Irv Gotti’s interview below talking about hip hop’s hey day and his climb back to the top:
- No, Donald Trump, You Do Not Get to Call Other Countries Shitholes - January 12, 2018
- Kyle Richards Says NONE of the Men on Real Housewives of New York are Marriage Material - January 12, 2018
- Wendy Williams Made the Rudest, Most Foul Comment About Kylie Jenner’s Pregnancy… And She Deserved It - January 11, 2018
- #AsianSwirl? Is Angelina Jolie Dating a Cambodian Rapper? - January 11, 2018
- Rapper Behind the Song ‘Sellsz Drugs’ Gets 3 Year Sentence for Drug Trafficking - January 11, 2018
- Cardi B Exposes Rapper King Yella who Claims He Slept with Her as a Liar - January 11, 2018
- Kylie Minogue is Ready to Release Her Next Album Golden - January 11, 2018
- Tonya Harding Says She’s Had Rats Thrown in Her Mailbox & Sh** Thrown at Her Car Since ’94 - January 10, 2018
- Rapper Da Brat Might be Getting Her Radio Checks Garnished for Beating a Woman with a Bottle - January 10, 2018
- Serena Williams Says Motherhood Sometimes Gets Her Down - January 10, 2018