GLAM SHOT: Kendall Jenner Covers Vogue’s 2016 Fall Fashion Issue
All fashion lovers know that when it comes to Vogue, their yearly September issue is the most popular and important issue of the year, as September spells the end of summer, and the influence and inspiration for the fashion industry begins to take form at that time.
For this year’s issue, Vogue has chosen rising model and reality TV star Kendall Jenner as the cover girl, and it makes perfect sense as Kendall has made big waves as a model in the industry and is considered to be one of the most sought out new ones for designers such as Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein and Dior – just to name a few.
Inside her cover story titled Kendall Jenner The Face That Launched A Billion Likes, Kendall speaks on her relationship with Caitlyn Jenner, her role model Cindy Crawford, her jealousy of sister Kylie, and much more.
She is also featured in a photoshoot with photography duo Mert & Marcus, where she wears pieces from Maison Margiela, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Loewe, and Givenchy – just to name a few. Take a look at the excerpts below:
On her relationship with Caitlyn: “Sometimes I look at a picture of my dad when she was a guy, and it makes me a little sad—I get emotional. You have to get past it—you’ve got a new person to love. It’s kind of a blessing in disguise—if that’s not the wrong way to say it.”
On how lonely modeling can be: “I don’t think that people understand how lonely it can be. All you’re doing is traveling the world by yourself to do a job and then go back to your hotel by yourself. It’s a different life than you imagined.”
On being jealous of Kylie in the past: “I remember crying in my bedroom about the fact that Kylie had so many friends and I didn’t.”
On Cindy Crawford: “This is a career – I want this to last for a long time. Not that I won’t venture out and do other things, but I want this to be like a Cindy Crawford thing: I want it to last until I am her age. That’s why I love her so much and why I look up to her: Her life now is something that I want my life to be like.”
On what she’s learned from her sisters: “People say a lot of what they think, and it’s not always positive. And we never say anything. We just take it. One of the best lessons I ever learned from my sisters is not to take everything so seriously. Just leave it alone – it will pass in a week.”
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018