Eminem Reveals How He Lost 81 Pounds After His Drug Overdose
In 2007, rapper Eminem had overdosed from drugs and was a whopping 230 pounds. Fast forward 8 years and he’s replaced an addiction of prescription pills with another, a healthy workout routine often involving running 11 miles a day.
“I’m not sure how I got so big, but I have ideas,” revealed Eminem. “The coating on the Vicodin and the Valium I’d been taking for years leaves a hole in your stomach, so to avoid a stomachache, I was constantly eating — and eating badly.”
He blames his weight gain on the years of valium and Vicodin he was taking that “leaves a hole in your stomach, so to avoid a stomachache, I was constantly eating – and eating badly.”
“Unless I was blitzed out of my mind, I had trouble sleeping. So I started running,” the rapper said. “It gave me a natural endorphin high, but it also helped me sleep, so it was perfect. It’s easy to understand how people replace addiction with exercise. One addiction for another, but one that’s good for them.”
“I became a fucking hamster. Seventeen miles a day on a treadmill. I would get up in the morning, and before I went to the studio, I would run eight-and-a-half miles in about an hour. Then I’d come home and run another eight and a half. I started getting OCD about the calories, making sure I burned 2,000 every day. In the end, I got down to about 149 pounds. I ran to the point where I started to get injured. All the constant pounding from the running began to tear up my hip flexors.”
After nearly dying of an overdose he says he called Elton John who himself had also been to rehab in 1990 seeking advice.
“When I first wanted to get sober, I called [Elton] and spoke to him about it,” Eminem said back in 2009. “He’s somebody who’s in the business and can identify and relate to the lifestyle and how hectic things can be. He understands … the pressure and any other reasons that you want to come up with for doing drugs.”
Eminem has spoken of growing up with a drug addicted mother and the troubles of being raised in Detroit. We’re just glad to see now at 42 years old he’s gotten his life together.
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— Javonni Brustow (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- NFL Player Mychal Kendricks Likes to Show Off His Cakes - January 21, 2018
- #CollegePornBae? Juliard Student Marvin Samuels aka AcousticSoulBro Leaks His Magnum Online - January 20, 2018
- TRUE STORY!! Nancy Pelosi’s Going to Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race - January 19, 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018
- Remy Ma’s Teamed Up with Chris Brown on ‘Melanin Magic’ - January 16, 2018