Drake Revisits Meek Mill Feud & Responds to Kanye’s Mental Health
Drake, who has found himself in the middle of a multitude of rap beefs in recent years took a moment to address a few in a new interview with DJ Semtex for Beats 1’s OVO Sound Radio. The most notable feud he’s had was with Philadelphia rapper and arch nemesis Meek Mill whose career he practically decimated in not one but two diss tracks, Charged Up and Back to Back. Their bad blood goes back to 2015 when Meek Mill accused Drake of not writing his own lyrics, to which he soon found out what he was capable of… or whoever wrote his lyrics was capable of but in the court of public opinion in the end, that was a battle Meek Mill lost… bigly.
“It’s not something that I’m proud of because it took just as much of an emotional toll on me — maybe not as much as it did on him… but you always gotta hear about it,” Drake said.
“Just seeing people get so riled up on negativity, it didn’t feel great,” he continued.
Kanye West also took a swipe at Drake saying his music was overplayed along with DJ Khaled and that other artists like Frank Ocean deserved more air time. Drake responded as though Kanye were somewhere in a straight jacket that deserved pity.
“I’m not really sure what he’s referring to half the time because, in the same breath, I went from working on a project with him to him sort of, like, publicly s–ting on me and DJ Khaled for being on the radio too much,” Drake said.
“If that’s what it is, I don’t even really understand the point you’re trying to make, but whatever it is that you’re going through, I accept it. I don’t respect it at all,” he continued. “Me and Khaled are both just, like, good people. I’m not really sure why we’re the target of your choice that you made that night. But again, I accept what you’re going through.”
Drake also joined Adele with winning Grammys they felt they didn’t deserve. If you’d remember, Adele won album of the year and insisted Beyonce deserved it instead saying “What the F*** does Beyonce have to do to win Album of the Year?” Drake on the other hand won Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Performance for Hotline Bling which he says he not only doesn’t understand why he won it but doesn’t want the award.
“Maybe because I’ve rapped in the past or because I’m black,” he said. “I can’t figure out why.
“I won two awards, but I don’t even want them because it just feels weird for some reason.”
Glitzers, listen to Drake’s interview with DJ Semtex below:
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— JaVonni Brustow 👑 (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- Youtuber Johnny Trapscott Proves He Can F*cks the Best in Newly Released Videos - March 19, 2018
- LA Modeling Agency MHMM Founder Michael Henry’s Nudes are Out - March 17, 2018
- Cuban American Model Raciel Castro Nude Pics and Videos Found Online - March 17, 2018
- Irish and Black Underwear Model Anthony Gallo Nude - March 16, 2018
- Kate Upton’s Witness in Her Sexual Harassment Case Against Guess Refuses to Speak - March 16, 2018
- Chris Cuomo to Challenge Hannity and Maddow with New Prime Time Show - March 15, 2018
- Eye Candy: Jennifer Lopez’ Ex, Actor & Dancer Casper Smart - March 15, 2018
- Michael Jordan’s Son Marcus Jordan Tweeted a Picture of His D*** - March 14, 2018
- This is a David Mcintosh Naked Body Appreciation Post - March 14, 2018
- Say What? Jonathan “Heat” Martinez’ Has a Fine Big D*cked Little Brother? - March 14, 2018