Did Bella Hadid Just Photoshop Her Latest Bikini Selfie?
Bella Hadid is the youngest daughter of former Ford model and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Yolanda Hadid so the bar is set pretty high for her modeling career. Her ability to reach this bar came into question last night as she posted a fire hot bikini selfie she took standing next to a dresser that had clearly been warped to enhance a non-existent curve of hers. Bella was Hugo Boss’ Model of the Year in 2016 as well as Model.com’s 2016 Model of the Year. She’s a beautiful girl. There isn’t any need for her to photoshop herself especially the small amount she did in her photo.
Another photoshop fail we recently covered was Tori Spelling who completely botched a one piece bikini pic where her waist, arms and face were completely out of ratio with each other. All this was done with an Instagram caption about how she finally came to the place of accepting and being proud of her body and her husband loving her no matter what her size is. If that’s the case, why Photoshop your pic? it’s these types of stunts that have people like Alicia Keys performing without makeup or Lena Dunham on the cover of Glamour magazine without Photoshop to protest body shaming.
This whole Photoshop scandal will blow over. When she appeared on the cover of the March issue of British Vogue and a centerfold next to her sister Gigi Hadid her face was distorted to the extent that fans didn’t recognize her. It comes with the territory. The same happened to Mariah Carey’s 2005 Emancipation of Mimi album cover that looked more like Beyonce leading her to do a retake zooming in on her face for clarity. The difference with Bella’s Instagram pic is that she’s the one who did the Photoshopping. It takes away from the authenticity of what people expect on Instagram.
Still Bella Hadid is continuing to land headlines and make ways in her career including an interview she did with Serena Williams for V Magazine where she compared their careers saying “I absolutely love it. It’s very rare to have what Bella and I have in fashion, what you and Venus [Williams] have in tennis. I feel lucky to be able to have a piece of home in my work environment. We are each other’s biggest fans. It has been a huge joy of my life to watch my little sister flourish and to help when I can!”
Moving forward, while Instagram has begun to move towards a pseudo reality where people take pictures with things they don’t own, post jets they’re not on (Bow Wow) or add in thigh gaps (Beyonce), we hope that Bella Hadid will think about the unobtainable goal she’s creating when she posts these type of pics… or at least in the future do a little better job at using Photoshop. Her rumored man she’s been seen out with lately, R&B singer The Weeknd likes her so that’s all that matters, right?
- Dannity Kane Just Announced a Reunion Tour with Aubrey O’Day, Dawn Richard, Shannon Bex as DK3 - August 14, 2018
- WAIT: Safaree Says Nicki Minaj Stabbed & Tried to Kill Him + She Says He Hired Prostitutes & Is Calling Him Sis - August 14, 2018
- Rihanna Says She Loves that Her Abuser Chris Brown is Still Obsessed with Her + Her Home Gets Swarmed By Police - August 14, 2018
- UPDATE: Aretha Franklin is Now Under Hospice Care Following Long Cancer Battle - August 14, 2018
- Teairra Mari Just Spilled that Lyrica Anderson is Pregnant – Is It Safaree’s? - August 13, 2018
- #PullUpChallenge: Child Services Reportedly Called On Cardi B for Threatening to Fight a Nicki Minaj Fan - August 13, 2018
- Bethenny Frankel Arrives at Married Boyfriend Dennis Shields’ Funeral Who Died in Trump Tower of an Overdose - August 13, 2018
- Aretha Franklin is Reportedly Surrounded by Family and Gravely Ill in Detroit - August 13, 2018
- Omarosa Begins Firestorm Press Tour on ‘Meet the Press’ with a Secret White House Recording of the Chief of Staff - August 12, 2018
- Why Doesn’t Gospel Artist Kevin Terry Make an “Only Fans” Account Since He’s Already in a Gay Sex Tape? - August 12, 2018