Dick Van Dyke Show Star Rose Marie Passes Away at 94
Days after celebrating Jane Fonda for a 50 year career in Hollywood turning 80, Dick Van Dyke actress Rose Marie passed away today. The child star from the 20s and 30s who played Sally Rogers on The Dick Van Dyke Show was the last surviving entertainer to have a hit record before World War II. She was on The Doris Day Show, one of the longest regulars on Hollywood Squares and received a square on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2001.
“I was so sad to learn of the passing of Rosemarie,” the creator of The Dick Van Dyke Show Carl Reiner tweeted about her passing. “There’s never been a more engaging & multi-talented performer. In a span of 90 years, since she was four, dear Rosie performed on radio, in vaudeville, night clubs, films, TV, & Vegas & always had audiences clamoring for “more!!”
Rose Marie recently starred in a documentary about her life in having the longest active career in entertainment called Wait for Your Laugh released in November 2nd. She leaves behind her daughter Georgiana and son-in-law Steven Rodrigues.
- NFL Player Mychal Kendricks Likes to Show Off His Cakes - January 21, 2018
- TRUE STORY!! Nancy Pelosi’s Going to Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race - January 19, 2018
- Kodak Black Arrested on 7 Felony Counts with His Home Raided Live on Video - January 19, 2018
- Did Chance the Rapper Just Announce He’s Having Another Baby? - January 19, 2018
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018
- Remy Ma’s Teamed Up with Chris Brown on ‘Melanin Magic’ - January 16, 2018
- No, Donald Trump, You Do Not Get to Call Other Countries Shitholes - January 12, 2018