Curtis Cook Should be Fired from Comedy Central for Threatening a Supreme Court Justice’s Life
This week we had the White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders put out of a Virginia restaurant after the owner said she didn’t support this administration, the Department of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen was heckled right out of the door of a Mexican restaurant and met with protesters at her home, the Secretary of Transportation, Elaine Chao, arguably the least controversial member of this cabinet surrounded outside of her car and all of this condoned and encouraged by Congresswoman Maxine Waters aka Auntie Maxine. Maxine said, and I quote “these members of his cabinet who remain and try to defend him, they won’t be able to go to a restaurant, they won’t be able to stop at a gas station, they’re not going to be able to shop at a department store. The people are going to turn on them. They’re going to protest. They’re absolutely going to harass them until they decide that they’re going to tell the president, ‘No, I can’t hang with you.’ ”
So it is of no surprise that I would scroll through Twitter and see a comedian joking about killing a Supreme Court Justice. This came about because Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy said he was retiring. The tweet from Curtis was that he wished this Kennedy had been killed instead of the other one. Aside from being a disgusting tweet, let’s see who he is suggesting be killed. He’s a rather moderate Judge known for same sex rights, making sure the mentally ill aren’t executed and defended gun rights in my hometown of Washington, DC so this is quite personal to me.
Also, while I’m no comedian, I made a partial joke in poor taste about a local County Executive that resulted in an investigator speaking to me accompanied with a court subpoena. The joke, about storming the County Executive’s home with torches and knives over violating a property tax increase law was said by the investigator to have been an unforced error and after reviewing my Twitter timeline, said I was capable of much better than that, despite my excuse being that was a normal form of protest at one point in history. For Curtis, he suggested someone killing another person.
Even Roseanne in her distasteful rant didn’t call for physical harm to anyone. Not only did she lose her job, the network made sure the reboot of her show didn’t benefit her financially. Kathy Griffin had the remainder of her tour canceled, was placed on a No Fly List for for two months while under a federal investigation by the Justice Department. While I generally don’t call for people to be fired for sending tweets, some form of consequence and reprimand needs to be executed for this type of behavior.
For those reading this, please contact Curtis Cook’s management and let them know Curtis needs to be reprimanded for this type of disgusting behavior.
5792 W. Jefferson Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90016
- Atlanta’s Vinny Watson Just Turned Twenty-Fine Years Old - July 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Rapper and DJ Greyson Jubilee aka Jubilee King Bee - July 20, 2018
- Wendy Williams Talks About Her Former Drug Addiction & Says She Deserves a Daytime Emmy - July 19, 2018
- Chance the Rapper Announces Buying Chicagoist Newspaper in New Song + 3 New Tracks - July 19, 2018
- 140+ Larry Nassar Sexual Abuse Survivors Unite at the Espys, Full List of Winners & More - July 19, 2018
- Faith Evans & Stevie J Eloped in Vegas + Faith Reveals She Performed this Sex Act with Biggie - July 18, 2018
- Ciara Attempts to Mount Her Comeback with ‘Level Up’ Music Video - July 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Says She’s Experiencing Anxiety about being a Working Mother - July 18, 2018
- Cardi B & Offset Snuggle While Taking Baby Kulture to the Doctor - July 17, 2018
- Rapper T.I. Charged with Simple Assault Days After Announcing New Reality Show Looking for a New Company Exec - July 17, 2018