CNN’s Jeffery Toobin Responds to Accusation of Fake News with Fake News
Recently President Trump caused media whiplash during a recent press conference where he attempted to explain the difference between critical news and fake news. During this press conference President Trump labeled New York Times, CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC all as fake news organizations due to their misleading headlines and extremely biased narratives.
This was the first time the President has referred to some (if not all) of these organizations as “fake news” either. However, this recent press conference keeps pulling the media back to it. As an organization purporting to be news credibility is very important so it is understandable that those outlets would be defensive. However, it would suit them better to report news accurately than pushing out false and extremely biased narratives as news.
A great example of organizations like CNN utilizing alternative facts to create fake news comes from none other than Jeffery Toobin where he omits the specific details of whom President Trump labeled as fake news and instead claims it was all news media outlets. Twitter user @EmotionalDank of Love Breeds Accountability explains it well in his video below.
— DHT (@EmotionalDank) February 17, 2017
In the age of super saturation of social media buzz words and click bait rule the day. Clicks mean traffic and potential revenue for organizations. Sensational headlines will get more clicks and traffic which for businesses can entice them to use opined headlines even if it has no factual basis or real mention in an article. People often share articles without reading the actual content and think that the headline is fact when in many cases it may not have even been meant to imply a factual account.
In addition to this some organizations have taken this beyond just headlines to elaborating on false and biased narratives to garner views. It is hard to tell if these newscasters believe such things or are doing it just to create news. If one is visiting CNN it doesn’t matter to them if that person is happy or angry with them as they get paid all the same.
- Happy Birthday to Radio Icon and Legend Doctor Michael Savage - March 31, 2017
- Shanghai Catwalks Are For The Dogs - March 31, 2017
- Usher and Ex-Wife Tameka Remember Tragic Death of Their Son - March 30, 2017
- Power Rangers Film Review: Needed Less Talk and More Action - March 27, 2017
- Mike Epps’ Wife Wants $109k a Month Divorce Settlement - March 22, 2017
- Stephen King’s “It” Remake Set for September 2017 Release - March 21, 2017
- Becky G Having “Girlfriend Issues” in New Power Rangers Reboot - March 20, 2017
- Amy Schumer Blames Alt-Right for Her Failing Netflix Special Ratings - March 19, 2017
- Tyrese Claps Back Against Women and Weaves Yet Again - March 17, 2017
- Bow Wow Threatens to Pimp Melania Trump while Defending Snoop Dogg - March 15, 2017